Oct Housing #'s

Discussion in 'Real Estate' started by redfisher, Nov 28, 2006.

1. redfisher

redfisher Beach Fanatic

Anybody got em...Red

2. Babyblue

Babyblue Beach Fanatic

Yes they suck.

3. SHELLY

SHELLY SoWal Insider

Made me laugh! <wiping G&T off the monitor>

4. redfisher

redfisher Beach Fanatic

Maybe I should have directed this to SJ specifically...How bout it SJ

5. joehomes4me

joehomes4me Beach Comber

Please post the numbers.

thanks

6. spinDrAtl

spinDrAtl Beach Fanatic

My guess is:

Prices are down.
    Sales are down.

7. joehomes4me

joehomes4me Beach Comber

spinner, your guess is not data.
    The data that is posted monthly will show the numbers, wherein readers can speculate on future trneds and past happenings with the data when posted.

thanks

8. fisher

fisher Beach Fanatic

I saw the numbers but don't have them to post. I'm sure SJ will post at some point.

However, baby blue was right and Spin was right with the following corrections:

Sales are WAY down.
    Prices are WAY down.

9. OnMackBayou

OnMackBayou Beach Lover

Sorry, I don't have the numbers either, but here they are for all of Florida's MSA'S for SFH:

http://topagent.com/october_2006.htm

For Florida as a whole, prices were basically unchanged, sales down. For the areas to our east and west, Panama City prices were unchanged, sales down. Fort Walton Beach prices were up 8%, sales down.

10. SHELLY

SHELLY SoWal Insider

Here's the stats for condos sales in Florida. FLA CONDOS. Interesting to note that Fort Walton Beach median price for condos last month is the highest in the entire state:)confused: ) at $483,300 (!). So much for the argument that "it's less expensive on the 'handle." (But that's probably reflected in the 35% drop in condo sales y-o-y.)

Last edited: Nov 30, 2006
  11. spinDrAtl

spinDrAtl Beach Fanatic

I never said my guess was data. I said it was 'my guess'. Also George, readers don't speculate on past happenings. Thanks.

12. joehomes4me

joehomes4me Beach Comber

spin, I was looking for data. With respect to analysis of data, and your assertion of speculation and readers not commenting on past happenings I think we have a different viewpoint. Why some events or series of events occurred I always find interesting as a point in ascertaining future potential trends and events. However, if you have a different method that works, go with it.

13. RiverOtter

RiverOtter got any pics?

:floor:

14. spinDrAtl

spinDrAtl Beach Fanatic

That's fine. Why you thought my original post was a direct response to yours, I do not know. We all know it wasn't data.

Perhaps we are splitting hairs, but "speculating on future trends and past happenings" is not possible as the past happenings have already happened. Now, certainly you could speculate on WHY past happenings happened, or you can analyze past happenings. :D

15. joehomes4me

joehomes4me Beach Comber

spin wrote: "Perhaps we are splitting hairs, but "speculating on future trends and past happenings" is not possible as the past happenings have already happened. "

1. It is possible and is done every day! Past happenings show up in reports, analysis, trends reports, et al. One tries to understand and as I stated, "... as a point in ascertaining future potential trends and events."

spin wrote: "Now, certainly you could speculate on WHY past happenings happened, or you can analyze past happenings. :D"

2. Again, use whichever method you like.

You are not trying to split hairs, but from past post [happenings] I will speculate that you have an interesting desire to have a last rebutall. Have at it. ;-)

16. Bob

Bob SoWal Insider

I don't think SJ is too fired up about doing the work, putting up numbers, and seeing the negative posts. He's teed the ball up enough.

17. Bobby J

Bobby J Beach Fanatic

I was looking at some stats this am and noticed that the inventory levels in 32459 were near 2005 level. This is quite interesting. Alot of folks are holding off going back on the market. We are still high but we a getting to a leveling off place. I am not sure if this will translate into an increase in market but history has shown it to be a good thing.

18. hi n dry

hi n dry Beach Lover

Bobby, based on historic patterns of housing declines there needs to be a reduction of about 35% in current inventory to even hit the bottom. Then it usually takes a year after that for things to even start to turn around.

Also please note that "Inventory" glut includes not only properties currently listed but those taken off the market temporarily because they didn?t sell.

Another dirty little secret that the public is not aware of is that there are many properties in new developments that have not even been released yet by the developers (they are being held back just like an IPO is in a down market) and thus are not in the MLS.

19. fisher

fisher Beach Fanatic

They were in the Walton Sun last Saturday. You can also get them in the Sun online. I posted summary figures on another thread.

20. Bobby J

Bobby J Beach Fanatic

Well, it seems we are going in the right direction....;-)