• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Did someone get a picture of the Owl's Head sign headed south on 331. The L and the S were backwards. :rofl: Just driving and couldn't pull over to take a picture.

30ashopper

SoWal Insider
Apr 30, 2008
Right here!
That whole place is going into foreclosure. They haven't sold a lot since 2006. I feel sorry for the folks who bought in there after that New York Times article, they got duped big time.

30ashopper

SoWal Insider
Apr 30, 2008
Right here!
Well sales data is from Walton - LINK. The only Owl's Head sales lately were re-sales of lots from 2006 at 60% discount.

The New York Times article that got things kicked off is here - a total boom'esk ringer.

Romeosmydog

Beach Fanatic
Nov 6, 2007
here
Saw it yesterday, almost wrecked my car trying (and failing) to get a pic from my cell. Sup with that?

huskerfan

Beach Lover
Aug 12, 2006
I work there and this is the deal....that is our new entrance sign and we are just experimenting with letters to see what size and color will work the best. Those are just sample letters hung with wire that the wind happened to blow around. Simple as that. ;-)

About the foreclosure...news to me......hope I don't really have to hear about it on the sowal forum. :sosad: We have three really great owners that I think would have let me know if that was the case.

Let me say this...I love sowal.com. I am usually just a lurker unless I really feel I have something to add. In this case, I feel I do. I am kind of disappointed that someone would just come right out and say that we are going in to foreclosure without really knowing. I understand in this market that anything is possible, but as of right now, we are open for business and I welcome anyone to stop by and say hello!:wave:

30ashopper

SoWal Insider
Apr 30, 2008
Right here!
Well I think I have been duely chastized. My apologies for jumping the gun. It was just an opinion based on sales data and seemed reasonable considering the number of sales in the community and discounts on existing lots. I actually wasn't predicting that the owners would foreclose, they arent into those lots for that much, I am more concerned about the developer.

huskerfan

Beach Lover
Aug 12, 2006
30ashopper-apology accepted. :D Thanks for taking the time to respond.

When I said we have 3 owners, I should have clarified, by owners I meant the developers of Owl's Head.

We actually sold 64 lots in 2006 as you stated, but we have not sold any since then at a discounted price. Not sure where that information came from. If they were really discounted 60% I would have bought one myself!:blush:

Owl's Head, like most every other development, is very anxious for the market to take a turn--hopefully an upwards one!

:wave: