• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

joho

Beach Fanatic
Aug 5, 2005
When it comes to parting with a buck for a meal I'm one of those customers that can be very picky.........
I've got to give credit where it's due.
Last night some friends decided to go to the Old Florida Fish House.
I ordered the Grouper Pontchartrain and I have to admit it was the best I've ever eaten. I was truly surprised but delighted!
Good Job :clap_1:

I highly recomend it!

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Glad to hear they are doing it right. It has been hit or miss for us;actually, the sushi was always really good, menu fare was iffy. Of course, we have not been there for many months and look forward to a return:clap_1:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Glad to hear they are doing it right. It has been hit or miss for us;actually, the sushi was always really good, menu fare was iffy. Of course, we have not been there for many months and look forward to a return:clap_1:
If you go again, you have to sit at the bar and get one of the hot chicks, like Jesse or Amy to take care of you. Tell them that I sent you. ;-)

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
If you go again, you have to sit at the bar and get one of the hot chicks, like Jesse or Amy to take care of you. Tell them that I sent you. ;-)

:roll: ...hot chicks?

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
The place is great as long as they're not too busy. When their seating capacity is maxed and there are 50 people waiting, all bets are off.

But they have what is probably my favorite menu in the area - not fine dining in the traditional sense, but exactly the kind of food I want when I'm at the beach.

yippie

Beach Fanatic
Oct 28, 2005
A local
You guys probably know it is owned by Charles Morgan, the same person who owns Harbor Docks along with Cary Shahid (sp) who owns Ocean Club.

Last edited:

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Charlie just opened a place here in Tuscaloosa called Chucks. Beautiful space, great sushi and a menu that is similar to Harbor Docks, but more toward the fine dining end of the scale. At night, the prices are up there.

Highly recommended if you're ever up this way.

STL Don

Beach Fanatic
Mar 7, 2005
Had dinner there last night for the first time and everyone had a great meal. I had my doubts going in but this was really good.

Plus, I got to see the Cards win the world series in the bar area after dinner while the band was rocking and a certain Kitty was dancing on the chairs:funn:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Had dinner there last night for the first time and everyone had a great meal. I had my doubts going in but this was really good.

Plus, I got to see the Cards win the world series in the bar area after dinner while the band was rocking and a certain Kitty was dancing on the chairs:funn:

NO WAY!!!! Did you introduce yourself????? :dunno: