• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

DAWGFISH

Beach Comber
Jun 30, 2005
PHDPHAY,
It is time for you and I to clear the air and bury the hatchet. I completely understand how you would be stressed out in this situation, and I certainly respect the fact that you sacrificed through time to accomplish what you and your husband have together. By no means could I even fathom that cancelling my vacation is even in the same universe as what you guys are facing, I have stated that since the beginning of my threads regarding DENNIS. I too have sacrificed for education and built a business from the ground up, and being self-employed has its stresses and rewards as well. I hope that someday I can be like you and enjoy the finer things in life for all my hard work, but I realize that those things come with a price, both on the front end and in the future. I wish you and all of you down there God's blessing for safety and health, and maybe we can all enjoy this place together in the aftermath. As a matter of fact, you are welcome to come to Georgia and stay with us till the smoke clears, as long as you don't wear any Gator apparel. I cook a mean pulled pork Barbeque!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
DAWGFISH said:
Smiling JOe, you are welcome to come to Georgia and stay with us till the smoke clears, as long as you don't wear any Gator apparel. I cook a mean pulled pork Barbeque!
I am there! I love some good pork. Where do you live?

(I had to embellish your quote to get the invite -- hope you don't mind.)

DAWGFISH

Beach Comber
Jun 30, 2005
I don't mind at all Joe. We live in Loganville, Georgia, which ironically is in Walton County! It's about 45 miles northeast of Atlanta and about 25 miles southeast of Athens, Ga. A pretty good haul from Walton County, Fla., but we got some good southern hospitality. Hickory smoked pork, pulled, with our own Carolina style sauce that we homemake, french fries, cole slaw, barbeque bread, brunswick stew, sweet tea, or an adult beverage ain't bad either. Ya'll come.

hutch

Beach Lover
Heck we ain't doing anything for the next few days. I will put the lawn chairs , couple case of beer in the truck and we will have a UGA tailgate party at your house if we can still get out. Just kidding!

Sorry, you missed your vacation. Come on down when things are better. People on this board are some of the nicest people you will ever meet including GATORS.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
DAWGFISH said:
I don't mind at all Joe. We live in Loganville, Georgia, which ironically is in Walton County! It's about 45 miles northeast of Atlanta and about 25 miles southeast of Athens, Ga. A pretty good haul from Walton County, Fla., but we got some good southern hospitality. Hickory smoked pork, pulled, with our own Carolina style sauce that we homemake, french fries, cole slaw, barbeque bread, brunswick stew, sweet tea, or an adult beverage ain't bad either. Ya'll come.

Did I tell you that I love some good home, slow cooked BBQ? I know exactly where Loganville is located, but I am concerned with your directions "...25 miles southeast of Athens..." Are you sure you attended class while in Athens or are you trying to get me lost. You can tell me if you really don't want me to visit. Just say so. :dunno:

(just giving you a hard time, since I am bored/board (pun intended).

Last edited:

Sheila

SoWal Insider
DAWGFISH said:

Hey Dawgfish!

We are practically neighbors. I'm in Snellville. I've got a pool bring the wife and kids over and you can vacation with me! I have got some bbq already cooked and a fridge that's already stocked.

We can watch the weather channel and make fun of Jim Canotore(?)sp.
You can wear your DAWG attire but......we are Jacket fans. But no matter we can still be friends! :clap_1: After all I was born in raised in Athens Ga. Small world.:D

Sheila

SoWal Insider
hutch said:
Me to- Born in Athens . Lived in Athens area most of my life until moving here four years ago. Small world. Still go back to Athens to visit family.

the hutch

I still visit too. Not as often as I should. It's really changed since I lived there.

Let me really date myself here. When I moved away there was no Mall! There was only 1 high school and the Athens by-pass wasn't completed and 316 was under construction! Guess I am officially old as dirt. Don't feel that way, but guess I am.:laughing1