• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

olive

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2005
Hello friends,

To better illustrate my campaign platform, my supporters have made this film. It touches on a troubling topic that has until now been ignored. I present this now for your consideration. (insert serious smiley)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSDiWWhOKCI"]YouTube - No Uncoordinated Dancer Left Behind[/ame]

Thank you for your support!;-)

Apr 16, 2005
Buckeye Country
Hello friends,

To better illustrate my campaign platform, my supporters have made this film. It touches on a troubling topic that has until now been ignored. I present this now for your consideration. (insert serious smiley)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSDiWWhOKCI

Thank you for your support!;-)

That's excellent..imaginary committee:lol: The only thing that could make it better is this:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEHIgFOh8Zg"]YouTube - SoWal NYE Dance Party[/ame]

olive

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2005
Maybe this belongs in the Politricks thread!!!

Here is my platform. I want you all to make an informed decision.

Lauren Basford is a 29 year old native of south Georgia and has lived in Walton County for five years. In 1998 she married her high school sweetheart, Amory. They are the proud parents of a beautiful baby girl, Doris, and a 28-toed cat named Seabass. Lauren and Amory are also the proud owners of Amore Pizzeria in Gulfplace (try it, you?ll like it!). She is a Sales Associate at Alys Beach where she has worked for the past 3 years.

Why Lauren Basford for Prom Queen?
"Who is best prepared to serve as your 2008 Prom Queen from Day 1? Who is best able to represent the Seaside Rep with her King ? The best predictor of the future is the past. I know how hard this job is, and I am comfortable wearing and can handle the burden of that crown and sash. ? -Lauren Basford, candidate for Prom Queen

Extensive Experience:
Lauren may only be 29 but she was born to rule. Lauren's preparation for this role began early. In the second grade, Lauren was crowned Tiny Miss Trailblazer, wearing the crown proudly for one year. As part of her duties, was required to make many public appearances to support her platform. (Okay, so she had to be in one parade. Let's not split hairs.). Lauren said, ?This priceless experience shows that I am comfortable waving for long periods of time at throngs of bored onlookers.?

Courageous Service:
Having attended numerous proms and dances together, Lauren and her husband, Amory, have shown the world that they are unafraid to slow dance to Endless Love in public. Lauren said, ?Maybe this time, we won?t have to arrive in an ?87 Toyota Camry. Maybe this is the year I get my limo!?

Leadership:
Lauren has been an active volunteer for the Seaside Repertory Theater since 2003. While she has never actually worn a prom dress while volunteering, she is willing to rise to that challenge. Lauren said, ?I am willing to put on the sequins and ruffles and do the Electric Slide for the good of our beloved theater.?

Lauren's leadership skills were tried and proven serving as the Captain of the Westbrook School cheerleading squad and lead actress in the One Act Play. One of the best examples of her expertise is her ability to lead a conga line in many different environments. Her enthusiasm and skilled leadership will have everyone feelin? HOT, HOT, HOT!

Comprehensive Plan:
Lauren is the only candidate with a 5-point plan to TURN THIS MUTHA OUT!

-?I vow to personally see that the punch bowl is amply spiked?
-?No uncoordinated dancer will be left behind?
-?I will repeatedly yell ?FREEBIRD? and the band and/or DJ?
-?I will see that the Olin Mills photographer on hand to capture your special moment uses only the fake forest backdrop?
- ?No pig?s blood allowed!?

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
Olive, Olive, Olive...perhaps the best read for me in a long time. :clap: Good luck to you gull. The Video is priceless!! Turn That Mutha Out!!!!!!!

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
OMG!!!

THAT'S FANTASTIC!:clap:

So you now you see why this is so important to me!;-)

:rotfl:...oh, Queen...send me some dance lessons!

Finally....a platform we can all dance on! :clap:

WlzMom

Beach Lover
Jul 12, 2006
Valdosta, GA
www.mccallinc.com
Stay tuned, folks! The I.C.E.L.B. is busily working to produce PSAs for each of the points in Lauren's 5-point plan to Turn This Mutha Out!

Knowledge is power, voters! Educate yourselves on the issues!