• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

The Watcher

Beach Fanatic
Jul 5, 2007
Wcso movers?

No one came because they are probably tired of hearing Mr Wise "brag" about who contacts him, who he has pictures taken with, how many classes he has attended, etc.... I attend the Darlington "Sheriff Shoot-Out"today and it was one of the better forums that have been held, excellent audience participation, of course Sheriff Johnson was a no show. However I think Mr Wise forgot to load his gun for this "shoot-out" for he and Mr. Brown tied-- for last place in answers and presentation. I think its time for them to drop out along with Mr Corman who stated at Darlington that he would have Community Policing in the Sheriff's Office and would have his deputies help people move applainces into their homes? I dont belive Mr Corman knows what "Community Policing" is about; it sure is not about deputies being furniture movers.

What? I completely missed this. He wants Deputies to move appliances into homes? I could understand moving kegs of beer, but furniture?:rotfl:

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
I thought Mr Wise a good candidate , until I saw a picture of him with the ultimate blowhard on hate radio and tv, bill o' ! I'll vote for one of the others!
With all due respect, what a stupid, stupid way to determine your vote for a local race, sheriff or otherwise.

drivingthru

Beach Comber
Jul 10, 2008
With all due respect, what a stupid, stupid way to determine your vote for a local race, sheriff or otherwise.

Yes but what is even greater in the less than tasteful scheme of things is his photo on page A13 of the Sun holding the flag with the guy from Okaloosa County. If DW dont think that one is politically motivated. Give them the flag, send your heart felt sorrows and be done with it. Why post your photo in the paper? Take a photo, keep it for your memoirs and move on. I find it appauling that DW would use this as an avenue to gain free political advertising. Come on Dennis, the only citizen you are conerned with is you..right? Do you think the family of a fallen Hero needs to see you in the paper holding a flag knowing what your motive is?:nono1: I give you credit though. Good way to get your name and pictures in the paper without any charge to your campaign. Maybe we do need a sheriff like you that can manipulate the system to your (or the taxpayers) benefit.

Beemn

Beach Lover
Jan 1, 2006
so wal
If he wants to be seen with bill o' , then thats his business. Birds of a feather and all that. I would cross the street to avoid the same air as bill o' . There seem to be a few good candidates, so there is a choice here. Mr Wise would be better that what we have, but I will look elsewhere. You can call it stupid, but I think if you watch hate tv you are the dumb one!

Danny Burns

Beach Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
Inlet Beach
www.myspace.com
I finally found the time to read the Sun only today. I have been volunteering my services for various things the last few days. Sweat equity for good causes and friends are always good things.

I think you can tell by my previous post in this thread that I don't think Fox is a good source for news. In fact, I don't think it is news at all. That Mr. Wise thinks Mr O and Hannity are people to admire is disappointing to me. I think they are part of America's problem, not the solution to anything. As I said, the extreme right AND left serve few Americans. If you want to see what attitude Fox has created and perpetuated, read the "invitations" thread. The whole thing disturbs me greatly. Is that the kind of garbage we want our children to learn from us?

Andy A., you and your father are members of what I consider America's greatest generation. My generation...tune in, turn on, and drop out...believed in what amounted to little but simple, passive anarchy and was doomed to fail, but why did we let the pendulum swing SO far the other way and become a generation of such ultra conservative cynics. To vilify and crush your opponent because he/she does not agree with you does not make you right, it just makes you a bully. If we've learned anything from the last 7 years, it should have been that.

My generation and others have tried and are still trying to overcome racial and other ethical problems that America is still struggling with, but we will always be a work in progress, won't we? That's the way our forefathers designed our system.

And Andy, I will always hold on to my hope of a Republic that will once again serve a majority of it's people. It was conceived that way, wasn't it? Call me a dreamer.

Aug 23, 2006
Wise choice?

Yes but what is even greater in the less than tasteful scheme of things is his photo on page A13 of the Sun holding the flag with the guy from Okaloosa County. If DW dont think that one is politically motivated. Give them the flag, send your heart felt sorrows and be done with it. Why post your photo in the paper? Take a photo, keep it for your memoirs and move on. I find it appauling that DW would use this as an avenue to gain free political advertising. Come on Dennis, the only citizen you are conerned with is you..right? Do you think the family of a fallen Hero needs to see you in the paper holding a flag knowing what your motive is?:nono1: I give you credit though. Good way to get your name and pictures in the paper without any charge to your campaign. Maybe we do need a sheriff like you that can manipulate the system to your (or the taxpayers) benefit.

If this weeks "Sun" is any indication, I suspect we can expect to see at least two photos a week in some W.C. publication, until November, of Mr. Dennis Wise in his 'photo opportunity' white uniform shirt (where's that shirt from again?) handing out plaques, flags, awards (you pick it) somewhere in the country. HoHum,....I can see that many useless plaques and awards on my attorney's wall anytime I want...... Mr. Wise deserves an "A" for public-relations-manipulation.....and posing...

The Watcher

Beach Fanatic
Jul 5, 2007
Posing?

If this weeks "Sun" is any indication, I suspect we can expect to see at least two photos a week in some W.C. publication, until November, of Mr. Dennis Wise in his 'photo opportunity' white uniform shirt (where's that shirt from again?) handing out plaques, flags, awards (you pick it) somewhere in the country. HoHum,....I can see that many useless plaques and awards on my attorney's wall anytime I want...... Mr. Wise deserves an "A" for public-relations-manipulation.....and posing...

I can see how people are of the opinion that D. Wise is using the media for his campaign. You have to know Dennis to really know that he is a very proud law enforcement officer. His many years of service are what many strive to obtain.

Just because his political campaign has not been as successful as his career, does not qualify him as a "poser". Dennis Wise was, is and will be a COP. Very few understand the true meaning of that word, I know that Dennis does.

His plaques are very meaningful to him and to those who gave them. Do not cast judgement on something you know nothing about.

w