• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

WCTA

Beach Lover
May 27, 2009
Walton County
www.waltontaxpayers.org
At the April 13, 2010 meeting of the Walton County Board of Commissioners meeting a motion was made by Commissioner Cecilia Jones to transfer the control of the TDC to the Walton Area Chamber of Commerce. This item quickly passed by a 4-1 vote without an opportunity for public input.

The WCTA was there and quickly brought to the attention of the Chairman that he had not allowed the public to speak on the issue. Ms. Jones rescinded her motion and a vote was taken to void their previous action. It should be pointed out that the item was not on the agenda, but representatives from the Chamber were present (about 10 of their officers and top members) and spoke in favor of the proposed action. It was very obvious that they were aware of the motion read by Commissioner Jones.

The WCTA spoke against the proposal and requested that they immediately begin a search process to find a person to fill the TDC Directors vacancy.

The Tourism industry is the true economic engine within Walton County and we must have a top professional to fill the vacancy not an available entity that does not have the expertise necessary for to compete in the lucrative but highly competitive industry.

We need a proven professional to carry us to the next level.

The Walton Area Chamber of Commerce is under the professional leadership of Dawn Moliterno. She is the President and CEO of the Chamber. Her experience is in the management of Chambers of Commerce, and is known to be a good leader, but neither she nor the volunteer leadership at the Chamber have the proven experience needed as we expand our markets outside the drive-in markets due to the Bay County Airport and the arrival of low cost air carriers to fuel a much need growth in our area.

I wanted you to be aware of a petition I just signed that asks that the Board of County Commissioners immediately begin a regional and national search for the best person available with the experience, skills and proven track record on their resume. We need someone with experience with emerging markets due to low cost air travel arrival.

If you believe as I believe that now is not the time to experiment with our counties economic future, I ask that you follow the link below and sign the online petition as well.

www.ipetitions.com/petition/tdc/

Please forward this email to everyone in your email address book that has an interest in the economic future of Walton County.

The next meeting of the Board of County Commissioners will be held on April 27. The petition will be presented at that time as the BCC voted for their legal department to develop an agreement with the Chamber for consideration at that time.

We need your help in opposing this plan !

Bob Hudson

President, Walton County Taxpayers Association

Yzarctoo

Beach Fanatic
Mar 6, 2009
At the April 13, 2010 meeting of the Walton County Board of Commissioners meeting a motion was made by Commissioner Cecilia Jones to transfer the control of the TDC to the Walton Area Chamber of Commerce. This item quickly passed by a 4-1 vote without an opportunity for public input.

The WCTA was there and quickly brought to the attention of the Chairman that he had not allowed the public to speak on the issue. Ms. Jones rescinded her motion and a vote was taken to void their previous action. It should be pointed out that the item was not on the agenda, but representatives from the Chamber were present (about 10 of their officers and top members) and spoke in favor of the proposed action. It was very obvious that they were aware of the motion read by Commissioner Jones.

The WCTA spoke against the proposal and requested that they immediately begin a search process to find a person to fill the TDC Directors vacancy.

The Tourism industry is the true economic engine within Walton County and we must have a top professional to fill the vacancy not an available entity that does not have the expertise necessary for to compete in the lucrative but highly competitive industry.

We need a proven professional to carry us to the next level.

The Walton Area Chamber of Commerce is under the professional leadership of Dawn Moliterno. She is the President and CEO of the Chamber. Her experience is in the management of Chambers of Commerce, and is known to be a good leader, but neither she nor the volunteer leadership at the Chamber have the proven experience needed as we expand our markets outside the drive-in markets due to the Bay County Airport and the arrival of low cost air carriers to fuel a much need growth in our area.

I wanted you to be aware of a petition I just signed that asks that the Board of County Commissioners immediately begin a regional and national search for the best person available with the experience, skills and proven track record on their resume. We need someone with experience with emerging markets due to low cost air travel arrival.

If you believe as I believe that now is not the time to experiment with our counties economic future, I ask that you follow the link below and sign the online petition as well.

www.ipetitions.com/petition/tdc/

Please forward this email to everyone in your email address book that has an interest in the economic future of Walton County.

The next meeting of the Board of County Commissioners will be held on April 27. The petition will be presented at that time as the BCC voted for their legal department to develop an agreement with the Chamber for consideration at that time.

We need your help in opposing this plan !

Bob Hudson

President, Walton County Taxpayers Association

Beware they also want your Credit Card Number too.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
May I respectfully suggest that you re-visit the petition page. They do ask for a "donation", I don't know what it is for but you don't have to leave one or your credit card number. I signed the petition and my wife and I received confirmation of our signings, and no, I didn't have to leave my credit card number.

WCTA

Beach Lover
May 27, 2009
Walton County
www.waltontaxpayers.org

We do not ask for a donation on the ipetition site nor do we ask for a donation.

These are the fields that appear:

Sign petition

Fields marked with * are required

* Name

* Email

Comments

Display options
Show my name in the online signature list
Let iPetitions notify me on similar petitions

Sign!

Our website does not ask for donations, but allows people to join our organization. We do not accept credit cards as a type of payment.

Last edited:

WCTA

Beach Lover
May 27, 2009
Walton County
www.waltontaxpayers.org
May I respectfully suggest that you re-visit the petition page. They do ask for a "donation", I don't know what it is for but you don't have to leave one or your credit card number. I signed the petition and my wife and I received confirmation of our signings, and no, I didn't have to leave my credit card number.

Andy, where did you see a request for a donation ? I will kill the link if that is being done in any way.

When I go to the site it has advertising on the right hand side as many free sites have. No credit cards donation requests are there when we click the link.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Once you sign it, the next page is for donations:

"Your signature has been recorded.
Please help support iPetitions

We promote democracy on the Internet by helping people and organizations create online petitions like the one you just signed. We provide these services for free and rely on donations from people like you to keep the site running. Please consider donating to support us. Every donation, no matter how small, helps. Please note: Your donation will help keep iPetitions running. This is not a donation to the person or organization whose petition you just signed.
Please choose the amount of your donation below:
$2
$5
$10
$25
$50
$100

Your donation is processed by Paypal, and is guaranteed to be safe. Your donations let iPetitions host more petitions like the one you just signed. We are non-partisan and non-political."

WCTA

Beach Lover
May 27, 2009
Walton County
www.waltontaxpayers.org
Once you sign it, the next page is for donations:

"Your signature has been recorded.
Please help support iPetitions

We promote democracy on the Internet by helping people and organizations create online petitions like the one you just signed. We provide these services for free and rely on donations from people like you to keep the site running. Please consider donating to support us. Every donation, no matter how small, helps. Please note: Your donation will help keep iPetitions running. This is not a donation to the person or organization whose petition you just signed.
$2
$5
$10
$25
$50
$100

Your donation is processed by Paypal, and is guaranteed to be safe. Your donations let iPetitions host more petitions like the one you just signed. We are non-partisan and non-political."

I apologize for the request for donations from the iPetitions website. That was not done when i setup the petition but after contacting the company it was disclosed in the terms of use. We are working to have the donation request removed. Rather than their "free" petition service we have agreed to their fee to have the second page removed.

Once again I apologize - the donation would be to them and not to the WCTA. Your petition signature is recorded regardless of whether they receive a donation.

Live and learn.

Yzarctoo

Beach Fanatic
Mar 6, 2009
See Credit Card Info on Petition

after visiting, the optional, note optional request for donation is made by the company providing the petition interface.
It does not interfere with the process of signing.

I said they wanted your credit card # too...Here is what I saw after "signing"
and clicking on next
$2
$5
$10
$25
$50
$100

Note the $10.00 donation is already bubbled in for you. And then the next page is
Select
Visa
MasterCard
American Express
Discover​

They also had PayPal....I believe they are Credit Cards. My point was the Donation part was attached to the petition...it read as one...I just didn't like the way it was set up.