• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Skerm

Beach Comber
Sep 11, 2005
Chicago
This is the neighborhood with the huge Grotto pool.

Be interesting to hear what everyone thinks about this development. I don't see many postings on this one.

Thx.

Skerm said:
This is the neighborhood with the huge Grotto pool.

Be interesting to hear what everyone thinks about this development. I don't see many postings on this one.

Thx.
I don't know anything about it. Do you have a link? Is it gonna be a high-rise next door to my house with people staring down at me in my private pool from their 20th floor balconies which would mean no more skinny dipping unless I want to go to jail?

Skerm

Beach Comber
Sep 11, 2005
Chicago
I think you're ok with skinny dipping runner, but only if you invite me!
No, it's not a condo development, it's a neighborhhod with single family residences, mostly lots unsold at this point. Has a huge pool that looks like the Flintstones live there.
Here's a link: http://www.nfcdestin.com/cypressbreeze.asp

Thx.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
I seem to remember it being discussed a long while back, and it was mentioned that the pool was awesome and that the development seemed to be very nice. The area of concern that came up was that the ground, while not technically wetlands, was rather damp before the development went in, so I'd do a driveby or two of the property after one of those 4-6 inches of rain in a day events and make sure there isn't standing water in those conditions.

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
I do remember that the first part of that development flooded pretty easily a few years ago. They might have fixed that problem. I did drive through the back part of the development a few months ago and it seemed a little wet after the rain. There are quite a few houses going in there. The architecture on some of them seems a little odd to me, but everyone has different taste.

Bob

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2004
O'Wal
There appears to be a large area of wetlands immediately adjacent/to the south of the development judging by aerial photography.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Skerm said:
No, it's not a condo development, it's a neighborhhod with single family residences, mostly lots unsold at this point. Has a huge pool that looks like the Flintstones live there.

The developers describe the water amenity (read: Pool) as "classic Roman architecture"--however, after viewing the artist's rendering, I think "Flintstone-esque" is closer to the mark.

Sheila

SoWal Insider
Beach Runner said:
I don't know anything about it. Do you have a link? Is it gonna be a high-rise next door to my house with people staring down at me in my private pool from their 20th floor balconies which would mean no more skinny dipping unless I want to go to jail?

No I think you're safe.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Cypress Breeze Pool Area

IMG_1272.JPG

IMG_1269.JPG

IMG_1268.JPG

IMG_1263.JPG