• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
100_0833.jpg
unfortunately, it's not the orange cat found at Grayton Bayou. It's the one on the left, above.

Dexter, who is ShallowsSquirt's (and our) goofy male neutered and microchipped cat, went out three nights ago and hasn't come back. He normally doesn't go out of our yard, but does have a tendency to get closed up in people's garages.

He also has a tendency to pick fights with cats he should not fight with. He talks the talk, but tries to chicken out at the last minute. He is certainly large enough (16 lbs :blink:) but somehow he comes out on the losing end of stuff.

I really don't think he has left the area of the Shallows, but I have a really bad feeling that he may have tried to fight a raccoon, as they are everywhere lately. He would definitely have come out on the wrong end of that deal. Snakes are also crawling now. Fuzz has walked everywhere around and hasn't found him. :cry:

Anyway...if you drive down East Point Washington Rd and/or Dick Saltsman Rd, please keep a lookout...
059.jpg

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Yeah, we know. We haven't seen any on "our" side of the powerline but that doesn't mean they don't pass through. I would think that the dogs would alert us and the neighbors to a coyote, but if Dexter went up the road...

I also keep thinking about jdarg's bobcat.

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
Good luck SN. My cat Roobie in his younger days was alot like Dexter. Eventually, he always made his way back home. One time, I went out calling His Chattyness and found his fat butt stuck in a tree and he couldn't get down.

savvytangerine

Beach Fanatic
Jul 5, 2007
30-A since before I could walk
I am so sorry 'Nole. I hope he turns up soon wanting food and attention.

Such a beautiful expressive face!

You know our are with you.