• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Sending good vibes your way...hope the fella shows up soon. :love:

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
She is still in Dallas and both kids have graduated.

Oh wrong cat. :D

You made me smile in spite of myself. Stop it! :blush:

No Dexter news yet. Not home; Fuzz went out again talking to neighbors and looking for him this morning. :dunno:

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
Keep the faith. Several years ago, my then indoor, geriatric, de-clawed cat escaped and went missing for three days, only to find his way home unscathed. Hope yours shows up soon.

NoHall

hmmmm......can't remember
May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
Keep the faith. Several years ago, my then indoor, geriatric, de-clawed cat escaped and went missing for three days, only to find his way home unscathed. Hope yours shows up soon.

One of my professors (she would insist that I call her my favorite professor) lost her kitty the first week of December. He snuck out of the house and she searched for him for weeks. She cried through Christmas over it. Shortly after the new year, she moved on and adopted another kitty, Sisser.

Early February I get a crazed email--Oscar was found wandering deliriously in the edge of the woods. Granted, Georgia winters aren't full of blizzards, but it had been darned cold several nights. He had lost 2/3 of his 12 pounds and looked like he had just lost the title fight for baddest kitty on the block, but he recovered. He was even okay with having Sisser around. (The other kitty, Pepper, was pretty peeved, though.)

Don't give up. Leave the porch light on and don't be afraid to keep calling Kitty Fuzz home...

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Thanks y'all. I keep telling myself these things - my former cat Puddin' would disappear for weeks at a time when we lived in Freeport. We finally found where she was - there was a house on 331 that had rafters in the carport, much like the carport in our old house used to have, and she would hang out up there. I guess it reminded her of home. But, the last time she disappeared, she wasn't there, and she was like, 17 at the time. We had almost written her off but she finally drug up one day, skin and bones, and with an abcess in her mouth. At the vet, they found a puncture wound, possibly from a small snake. She did recover with a lot of good TLC, but didn't really care to go out again after that. She later developed a malignant tumor and after doing cat hospice for a couple of months, passed away in my arms four years ago. She was 20.

So, I know there is hope. It's only been four days. But then I read about the jaguarundi that are being spotted two miles from here...:dunno:

NoHall

hmmmm......can't remember
May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
So, I know there is hope. It's only been four days. But then I read about the jaguarundi that are being spotted two miles from here...:dunno:

Wouldn't that be kitty cannibalism? It's true that cats can get snatched by coyotes, big dogs, large birds of prey and also be bitten by snakes, but keep in mind that cats are predators themselves. They can survive among a great variety of wild animals. As SJ would point out, they are more likely to die from an encounter with Automobilus Domesticus (or Importus, for that matter.)