• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
I've given up raw oysters until I get around to having a hepatitis shot. LOL. I used to suck down lots of raw oysters at Manale's when I was at Tulane and was clueless. Great with vodka shots, as introduced to me and my roommate by her father one weekend when he was in town.

Put an oyster on a saltine, cover it with oyster sauce, chew once or twice, and let it slide down your throat. Yum!

Last edited:

Capt. William

Beach Comber
Aug 30, 2006
Port St. Joe
All this oyster talk is making my mouth water. I guess ill have to put the boat in the water when the weather clears to go get me a five gallon bucket full.:clap_1: :D

Capt. William

Beach Comber
Aug 30, 2006
Port St. Joe
I'm soooo jealous!:evil: How cool would that be!!!:D When is scallop season open/close capt???

I believe scallops are open july -sept15? not positive on the last day. If you go to the Florida Wildlife and Game Commision website it has all of the State of Floridas fishing regulations.

Just to put it out there(ill take a plug whenever:D ) when I take charters out of Indian Pass we almost always stop and have lunch. I just pull right up to the oyster bar and hop out pick some up try one to see if they are good enough if not i move to another bar. Then I start shucking for my clients.

friedfishcharters@hotmail.com

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
I believe scallops are open july -sept15? not positive on the last day. If you go to the Florida Wildlife and Game Commision website it has all of the State of Floridas fishing regulations.

Just to put it out there(ill take a plug whenever:D ) when I take charters out of Indian Pass we almost always stop and have lunch. I just pull right up to the oyster bar and hop out pick some up try one to see if they are good enough if not i move to another bar. Then I start shucking for my clients.

friedfishcharters@hotmail.com

sign me up! :lolabove: I love having my oysters shucked for me...no work and all the benefits