• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Chuckster

Beach Comber
Sep 20, 2007
There was an article this week in the Walton Sun about a couple in Gulf Place who were sure they saw a panther. The FWC were sceptical. Well, my wife called me not long ago to tell me she saw what appeared to be a medium sized florida panther as she was headed north from Grayton on Hwy 283S. The cat matched the discription given by the couple. He or she, was crossing from the east side of the highway, headed west. (This is the large section of forest adjoining the area where the couple reported their sighting.) We definitely have a panther in the area. My wife did say that it was not that big, maybe 60-70 lbs, bounding along, with a very long tail. It was definitely a cat. (she is a cat lover and knows her kitties!) I was a little sceptical until I read the article with a matching description. Cool...huh?:yikes:

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
Yet they have confirmed a Panther sighting in south Georgia because a guy shot the animal. No more puppy runs in the woods!!