• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

beach lover

Beach Lover
Jul 12, 2005
Does anyone know of a "nice" rental in ParK City Utah for 10, that is less than a $1000 a day ? Dates needed are 12/25/ to 1/1/06. Needs to be near shuttle. Any help would be great. Trudy

beach lover

Beach Lover
Jul 12, 2005
Thanks Carter, I have looked at vrbo & several others. I guess Xmas is going to be a little pricey. But was hoping I could find something around $800 to $850 a day.

spinDrAtl

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
I have property there. Something that sleeps 10 during the holiday is going to be at least $1000 a day unless you find a real steal, or its going to be a long way from the slopes.

Our studio goes for about $270 and our 1 BR (sleeps 5) for 400-500.

GraytonBound

Beach Fanatic
Nov 15, 2004
The Nooga
spinDrAtl said:
I have property there. Something that sleeps 10 during the holiday is going to be at least $1000 a day unless you find a real steal, or its going to be a long way from the slopes.

Prob have to rent that high to cover the cost of association dues, from what I've seen :dunno:

beach lover

Beach Lover
Jul 12, 2005
Spin, you are right. Anything nice goes for $1000 it seems. But I found a nice 4,000 sq. ft. house for $900 a night including taxes after a little negotiations. I got lots of pics & info to make sure. Location is great & the little xtra's they provide are awesome. So after a lot of searching( hours upon hours)I did pretty good. Thanks for your input. Our family can't wait to enjoy this Xmas.

spinDrAtl said:

I have looked at condos and houses in that area. They really are not that expensive. Seems at those rates the things might cash flow. Am I wrong? I have also heard the rental companies take 40% to 50% :shock:

spinDrAtl

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Our association dues are extremely reasonable. Each property is different of course, but I have found the dues very low in comparison to our beach property.

As far as purchasing, there are still some good buys in the Park City area, but the time to grab a bargain has come and gone. A year to 1.5 years ago, it was a buyer's market and prices were very low compared to the post 'we won the Olympics' hoopla of 1996-1998. There was even a developer auction on a 5 star property at the Canyons in Feb 2004 where great bargains could be had (I got one).

Since last October,things have taken on a 30-A type jump, although not quite to that extreme, but some properties have doubled. I looked at a studio on Main Street in Oct last year. Listed at 99k (a steal) but when I called it was gone. Right at that moment was when things took off. That studio is now around 175k.

I did get into a contract on a preconstruction property at the Canyons in February 2005 which I thought was a bargain at the time. I believe the developer priced things and did not adjust when the market took off. I am quite happy with the pricing for phase 2. :D

Most rental agencies do take 40% in Utah, but some things are included that I find are not included in Sowal (cleaning on every management company rental being one). In Colorado, it's usually 45-48%.