• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Beach Buggys

Beach Lover
Mar 13, 2012
Local
www.sowalbeachbuggys.com
I just want to get some opinions on whats acceptable for parking a company vehicle on 30A. Today my business partner had to pick a golf cart up in rosemary beach, I was on my way through with my boat headed to crab island, so our paths crossed in grayton and since we had to come back he jumped in and rode with me to go enjoy a few hours on the water. He parked in the parking lot between pandoras and the corner store. when he parked he was the ONLY vehicle in the parking lot, and less than 4 hours later when we picked it up again his was still the only vehicle in the parking lot. when we got back he had a very nasty hand written note stuck on his windshield. We frequent both these locations regularly and were kindof offended at the note.
Being local businessmen we want to keep a good relationship with all other local businesses if possible, We do keep our magnets on our truck doors because obviously every bit of exposure we can get is good for us. we rarely park like this, it is definitely not in our business plan to advertise this way.
we would appreciate any opinions on this matter,

joho

Beach Fanatic
Aug 5, 2005
I just want to get some opinions on whats acceptable for parking a company vehicle on 30A. Today my business partner had to pick a golf cart up in rosemary beach, I was on my way through with my boat headed to crab island, so our paths crossed in grayton and since we had to come back he jumped in and rode with me to go enjoy a few hours on the water. He parked in the parking lot between pandoras and the corner store. when he parked he was the ONLY vehicle in the parking lot, and less than 4 hours later when we picked it up again his was still the only vehicle in the parking lot. when we got back he had a very nasty hand written note stuck on his windshield. We frequent both these locations regularly and were kindof offended at the note.
Being local businessmen we want to keep a good relationship with all other local businesses if possible, We do keep our magnets on our truck doors because obviously every bit of exposure we can get is good for us. we rarely park like this, it is definitely not in our business plan to advertise this way.
we would appreciate any opinions on this matter,

Someone doesn't want you to make it a habit parking your truck there, that's what I read into it.
Four hours is enough time to get noticed. Maybe "you" should have left a note on your window?

buster

Beach Fanatic
Feb 19, 2006
SoWal
Dean - first, you were not parked on 30A. You were parked in a private parking lot. Sounds like the owner thought you were parked there solely to advertise. I would just have quietly apologized and let them know it was an innocent parking and that you enjoy their establishment. Oops too late looks like you just wrote your own nasty note.

One that can be seen from space. :ninja:

Beach Buggys

Beach Lover
Mar 13, 2012
Local
www.sowalbeachbuggys.com
Your right, a quiet apology would have been a better method. The person who left the note didn't give me the option to resolve this matter personally as they didn't leave their name or number, only a number to call on monday to see the formal complaint he or she will be making. This person didn't hold much back in their note. Although i did find the harsh letter very uncalled for, my intention here is not to blast anyone. Its more to find out whats acceptable without teeing off anyone else.

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Sounds like you parked not just a vehicle but one with a trailer on it during one of the busiest times of year. Add to that the stress of spring break and all the problems golf carts are causing in the area and I am not surprised someone got mad. But since you said it had advertising on it, don't know why they didnt call you to complain directly instead of leaving a nasty note.

Beach Buggys

Beach Lover
Mar 13, 2012
Local
www.sowalbeachbuggys.com
Hi zebraspots, your right, They definitely had a reason to be concerned, and a polite phone call would have solved any issue. Just curious? what problems are golf carts causing? I'm asking because we give all our renters a can and can'ts speach and in our folder we have a printout of different ways to respect the area. I would love to do what i can to help solve any problems created by these carts. I personally love them, they're a great way to get around easily. Perfect for vacationers going to and from the beach accesses and such.

Sounds like you parked not just a vehicle but one with a trailer on it during one of the busiest times of year. Add to that the stress of spring break and all the problems golf carts are causing in the area and I am not surprised someone got mad. But since you said it had advertising on it, don't know why they didnt call you to complain directly instead of leaving a nasty note.

Valerie L

Beach Lover
Jan 31, 2007
Seacrest Beach
Hi zebraspots, your right, They definitely had a reason to be concerned, and a polite phone call would have solved any issue. Just curious? what problems are golf carts causing? I'm asking because we give all our renters a can and can'ts speach and in our folder we have a printout of different ways to respect the area. I would love to do what i can to help solve any problems created by these carts. I personally love them, they're a great way to get around easily. Perfect for vacationers going to and from the beach accesses and such.

I agree that a phone call to the number on your car sign would have been nice. As for the problems with golf carts, where do I start? I just about got run over the other night walking to my car after work in Seaside as the young teen driver, with an overloaded golf cart full of other teens, took a quick left turn in front of me and my co worker to park with out a hoot or holler that he was turning. I especially love to get behind golf carts when I'm on my way home from work on the stretch of 30A that has a 45 speed limit posted and the golf cart won't pull over when there is a line of cars behind it. But my favorite is the family who let their young kids hold even younger kids on their laps on the back of the golf cart to ride a long way up the road to go out to eat with me following them in my car....one foot on the break in case one of the babies falls off! Other than that, they are great! Walking is overrated.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I don't know if you are new to this forum, but, in general, golf carts on 30-A are really, really not welcomed. There have been many, many threads about them, and overwhelmingly they are disliked. It probably wasn't just that you were parked all day in their parking lot. It probably had a lot to do with the ads you had on your truck. Take a hint.

Beach Buggys

Beach Lover
Mar 13, 2012
Local
www.sowalbeachbuggys.com
I am new to the forum, and appreciate your opinions. obviously i'm not going to close my business down, but will definitely encourage my renters to not be a part of the problem. For those of you who haven't considered the upsides to these vehicles, this week two of my renters were a family with a severly disabled child with very limited mobility and a family with an elderly person who has to use a walker. I've lived in and around south walton and the beach areas my whole life and i love them. Sure you'll get the occasional inconsiderate A-hole on one, but if the A-hole wasn't in a golf cart he'd be in a car. As for the teen driving the cart with a load of teens on it, I don't allow any drivers of my vehicles below the age of 25, mostly for insurance reasons, but also for my peace of mind. and if that teen wouldn't have been on a golf cart he'd have been in a car doing the same thing, its all part of living in a tourist area. I'll look for some of the threads on the subject.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
I'm not a fan of the golf carts either--for all the reasons listed above and more.

You stated, "Just curious? what problems are golf carts causing?" ...allow me to make a suggestion:

Put a BIG, BRIGHT YELLOW sticker on the back of each golf cart that includes your personal cell phone number, an individual identification number for each cart, and the statement "HOW AM I DRIVING?"....then change your ringtone on your cellphone to something you like to boogie down to all night long.