• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
True or False? Most 35 mph zones on 30A you will rarely reach 35mph. I ride 30A several times a day. Most areas are riddled with speed bumps, pedestrian crossings, bicyclists and slow traffic seeing the sights. the sections of roads that are 45mph are good stretches with not much happening. (where golf carts have no business) 35mph zones, no problem.

False. I stay in Grayton and travel to the west end junction with HWY 98 daily. It is exceptional when someone is failing to maintain 35 MPH. Usually it is a snowbird or lost tourist. And I don't speed, either. In fact, it is usually the case that if I keep my cruise control on 35-38 someone is on my bumper.

deborsk

Beach Lover
Jul 10, 2005
Last summer I called the company that rented a SLV to someone in my neighborhood--a 12-13 year old was cruising my street, more like taking the curves on 2 wheels and flying thru every stop sign to boot. After following him all over our neighborhood, I got the license #, rental co. and called to report it. They would give me no info, so I called the sheriff, gave him the info, and the local address of the person who rented the cart...the sheriff came, cited them and told them that the cart had to be returned to the rental place.
The problem is only going to get worse...again today, I passed another cart (this time the "limo" style one) on the bike path up around the old Eastern Lake Nursery property. I yelled, but they acted as though they didn't hear me. I now have the sheriff's office on speed dial!

rdelong43065

Beach Fanatic
May 28, 2007
Seagrove
just to specify, all of my vehicles meet the states requirements, all average between 22 to 25mph. All saftey gear is checked to be working properly before we deliver a vehicle, before reading it on here i had no idea anyone disliked golf carts. I stand by my opinion, i think they are great vehicles and alot of fun if done right and not abused. I have seen several vehicles from other companies that i could not believe were allowed on the streets, there is no doubt there are some floating around where corners have been cut and these substandard vehicles are giving those of us doing it right a bad name.

That's all well and good for you, but you know you just can't fix stupid. You can inform your customers until you are blue in the face and still the majority will still do what they want when they want including letting a child drive a street legal beach buggy.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
Is that 23 mph with a full load of people and their beach crap and a full battery charge???? What is the top speed when the battery is partially discharged, full load of adults and going up-hill? Thisnthat was right - you can't fix stupid and everyone knows tourists leave their brains and common sense at home when they come here - "I,m here on vacation and I'll do whatever I bleaping please." I saw one of your buggys on 30a the other day - 10 yr old driving, mom and dad in the rear facing seats. You would have thought that the "adults" would have at least had one of them in the shotgun seat in case an emergency occurred.
Oh on a related topic - got behind rollerbladers on 30a and had to slow to almost a stop until I could pass safely. Do we now have to share the road with them as well as the bikes and the LSV? Where will it stop?

Last edited:

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Watched a deputy stop traffic on 30A today so a teenager in a golfcart could leave the beach access and cross the road. Hope he got a ticket, but doubt it.

I think golf carts need to stay on golf courses.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
True story-Sunday I'm heading west on 30-A in Blue Mountain/Dune Allen area. I come up behind a street legal golf cart on the long straight portion around Lake Allen and Oyster Lake. Road is empty, and indeed, the cart was going a brisk 23 MPH in a 35 MPH zone. I would have been perfectly within my right to pass this fellow, but he had his left turn signal on. So I followed him at the maddening pace long enough to figure out he had no clue the blinker was on. Finally, just as the cart's left turn signal went off, it was replaced by the right turn signal and he turned off to the right. Arrgghh! Yes, it did set me back 45 seconds which I will never recover and that makes me mad.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Watched a deputy stop traffic on 30A today so a teenager in a golfcart could leave the beach access and cross the road. Hope he got a ticket, but doubt it.

I think golf carts need to stay on golf courses.

I don't think it is illegal to cross a roadway that would otherwise be illegal for them to putt-putt around on.

lenzoe

Beach Fanatic
Are the people that rent these things parking them around the neighborhood beach accesses? I could seem them parking at the public access with available parking, but I would think parking these at most of the neighborhood accesses would not be a good thing.

And if they use these to get people to/from Grayton, where are they parking them?