• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Yes, they park them at the neighborhood accesses. Very annoying having to climb over a golf cart to get to the beach.

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
It is not at all legal - not only is there not space to park them, in order to reach the access they have to drive a non-street legal cart on roads or down the multi-use path (where carts are also specifically prohibited) to get to the access.

But "legal" and "golf carts" are 2 concepts rarely combined except by the people selling or renting the damn things.

rdelong43065

Beach Fanatic
May 28, 2007
Seagrove
True story-Sunday I'm heading west on 30-A in Blue Mountain/Dune Allen area. I come up behind a street legal golf cart on the long straight portion around Lake Allen and Oyster Lake. Road is empty, and indeed, the cart was going a brisk 23 MPH in a 35 MPH zone. I would have been perfectly within my right to pass this fellow, but he had his left turn signal on. So I followed him at the maddening pace long enough to figure out he had no clue the blinker was on. Finally, just as the cart's left turn signal went off, it was replaced by the right turn signal and he turned off to the right. Arrgghh! Yes, it did set me back 45 seconds which I will never recover and that makes me mad.

Wow! I think I followed the same cart last night coming from 30A at Watersound (45 mph speed limit by the way) all the way to Seagrove with the left blinker on going 20 mph with people hanging off the back and it was swerving all over the road. Then suddenly, they turned off the road to the right, left blinker still on of course and went into a gated place. Welcome to idiot paradise.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
First it was the year of "Trash on the Beach"
Next it was the year of "Plastic Toy Junk on the Beach"
Followed by the year of "Giant Holes on the Beach"
Then it was the year of "Tent Cities on the Beach"

Looks like 2012 is "Golf Carts at the Beach"

Need to start a new thread called: "Golf Cart Horror Stories"

In preparation for the upcoming season--just who should the attorneys contact to serve papers for wrongful injury/death & damage as a result of misuse of these vehicles?

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
As I was leaving work yesterday, on Mack Bayou, I saw a golf cart with a license plate on it, don't know whether it was legal or not, it was riding on the south bound bike path going north bound which if it was legal the way it was being driven is not. Also folks tell your kids when an emergency vehicle approaches with lights, sirens and horns going please move to the right in stead of waiting to reach your turn. Oh that includes drivers of other vehicles too, it may be your house they are going to.

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
First it was the year of "Trash on the Beach"
Next it was the year of "Plastic Toy Junk on the Beach"
Followed by the year of "Giant Holes on the Beach"
Then it was the year of "Tent Cities on the Beach"

Looks like 2012 is "Golf Carts at the Beach"

Need to start a new thread called: "Golf Cart Horror Stories"

In preparation for the upcoming season--just who should the attorneys contact to serve papers for wrongful injury/death & damage as a result of misuse of these vehicles?

Otherwise known as white peoples' problems - WPP. Or for South Walton maybe RPP, rich peoples' problems.

Oh the horror.

Beach Buggys

Beach Lover
Mar 13, 2012
Local
www.sowalbeachbuggys.com
these vehicles are legal anyway you look at it, tagged, insured, street legal, meet all of state of florida requirements and are legal by all standards. and they are no less annoying to "crawl over" than any other car or vehicle. they have every right to park these the same place you would park a car, apparantly some people have nothing better to do than sit around and figure out what to complain about next. These vehicles are a ton of fun, and more than 60% of my customers are senior citizens with mobility problems. some people, you could hand them a bag of gold and they would complain about how heavy it is.
It is not at all legal - not only is there not space to park them, in order to reach the access they have to drive a non-street legal cart on roads or down the multi-use path (where carts are also specifically prohibited) to get to the access.But "legal" and "golf carts" are 2 concepts rarely combined except by the people selling or renting the damn things.
jim, thanks for a reasonable outlook on things. Thats seems to be rare these days.

rdelong43065

Beach Fanatic
May 28, 2007
Seagrove
these vehicles are legal anyway you look at it, tagged, insured, street legal, meet all of state of florida requirements and are legal by all standards. and they are no less annoying to "crawl over" than any other car or vehicle. they have every right to park these the same place you would park a car, apparantly some people have nothing better to do than sit around and figure out what to complain about next. These vehicles are a ton of fun, and more than 60% of my customers are senior citizens with mobility problems. some people, you could hand them a bag of gold and they would complain about how heavy it is.jim, thanks for a reasonable outlook on things. Thats seems to be rare these days.

Dean, again I say it is great that you are following the law and have these vehicles leagle. Again I say that you can't fix stupid. Once these people are out of your sight, all comon sense is gone. I have personally witnessed underaged children operating these vehicles and not just on side streets, but on 30A as well. Most likely these are not all of your vehicles and are privately owned, but that is not the issue. The issue is the unsafe operation of these vehicles on the streets. Someone is going to be seriously injured or killed one of these days. Sorry to say this but my opinion is the only way to stop these people form doing this is to ban these vehicles period. But as usual, the tourist is always right.