• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BeachSteelers

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2006
Seagrove
Today Dist 5's Rep, can't same his name he doesn't warrant it, will motion for $40K of Dist. 5 Rec Monies for Defuniak. Also Today, Walton's BCC in Defuniak, of course, will hear the Fianl DO on Downtown Seagrove. Probably no mention of it's "Donated(for $10)?" Park in Leui of it's Rec Fees. Wonder what the Rec Fees might have been, I bet it was A Lot?
As in Lot 3 there, not a less than 20' storm retention area with above ground utilities. Some Park huh, Your Welcome.
Anyone feel somewhat slightly cheated here?
Should be a good dog and pony show late on todays agenda. If you cannot attend, no worry the video should be posted of it soon and see for yourself the Shenanigans that is CoWal.
This deal & the Row Abandonment of 30A are all tied together and ask Where's this projects planned traffic circle to help traffic. Oh wait, we need another study of traffic first. Just HORRIBLE, to spin in circles while getting shafted by paid public, can't say employees.
Can these things be Oversite's? Same people different decade and Old expired DO's or is this how things are PLANNED?

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
We can do better. We can start by using our God-given common sense and take action. I do not need a study to determine that a light is needed at 395/30-A. I do not need a study to determine that turn lanes are needed at most intersections on 30-A and the north/south feeder roads. I do not need a study to determine that we need more beach access and that we need more parking. I do not need a study to determine that utilities south of Highway 20 should be underground. Just need common sense and a will to act. Mistakes will be made if you take action but the results will still be far better than doing nothing and kicking the can down the road.

Beach days

Beach Lover
Jul 2, 2017
Freeport
Would help if sea side did not have 8 cross walks in a 400 feet of road. Also cross overs of main roads people should have to stop at intersections.whether jogging or biking.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Been down Scenic 98 Lately... Crosswalks and more crosswalks. Tourists just cross wherever they please.

The culture here is that its OK to leave your mind at home.

Sun Chaser

Beach Lover
Aug 18, 2015
Miramar Beach
Cute. I happen to have manners and I respect people and their property when I do go.

Do you think its OK for tourists visiting to break rules and run amok?

For the residents, this is our home. Most every home has "house rules". The rules here are really few and they are designed such that every person can have the most enjoyable beach experience without imposing on others, people and native wildlife.

You don't (hopefully) go to someones house and let your dog run wild, leave your stuff all over the place, park wherever you want, or otherwise be inconsiderate.

Oh, and to answer the question, no it's not OK for our guests to act like Philistines. :)

JBBeached

Beach Comber
Jun 11, 2008
It's called a vacation. You should try it sometime. :lol:
Just because you take a vacation doesn't give you the right to act like an ass! After seeing how some tourist act while on vacation here, I make it a point to be super respectful when I travel to a vacation destination. Rules apply all the time -- they don't magically disappear because you are on vacation! :doh: