• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

MattChrist Live

Beach Lover
Jan 16, 2008
The Bay
Pat Rice, Director of Content for Freedom Florida Communications, past editor of NWF Daily News and current Daily News columnist will be on my show from 5-6 PM CST on 30A Radio Wednesday.

Tune in at 107.1 FM or online live at 30aradio.org.

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
What a great guest and opportunity for SoWal. Mr. Rice has spent some quality time in South Walton before and participated in events such as the Seaside Marathon. Perhaps he is staying for the concert tonight. Since we don't have a mayor of South Walton, and perhaps it is time we did, he may be checking in on the "State of South Walton" since some of the surrounding municipalities are hosting such events. (In fact, Okaloosa's Destin with their Mayor will have their "presentation" at South Walton's Embassy Suites in Miramar Beach! SoWal does have great facilities.) How can we ask questions? Here on SoWal? Email? or Phone? What does he want to know?

Last edited:

MattChrist Live

Beach Lover
Jan 16, 2008
The Bay
What a great guest and opportunity for SoWal. Mr. Rice has spent some quality time in South Walton before and participated in events such as the Seaside Marathon. Perhaps he is staying for the concert tonight. Since we don't have a mayor of South Walton, and perhaps it is time we did, he may be checking in on the "State of South Walton" since some of the surrounding municipalities are hosting such events. (In fact, Okaloosa's Destin with their Mayor will have their "presentation" at South Walton's Embassy Suites in Miramar Beach! SoWal does have great facilities.) How can we ask questions? Here on SoWal? Email? or Phone? What does he want to know?

Yes, you can ask questions on Sowal, and I'll try my best to send the questions along.

Tune in!

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
Hi Matt!

I would like to know about the future of the NW Daily News as well as the Destin Log and Walton Sun. Any chance the Sun or Log might become a weekly section within the Daily News to cut costs? (this is not a rumor but I am curious what their options are long-term)

Freedom doled out both furloughs AND a 5 percent pay cut this year. It's ugly out there. How can a growing Walton County get MORE coverage as the company struggles?

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
Questions for Mr. Rice: Is there any chance the Panama City News Herald and the Northwest Florida Daily News will combine into a regional newspaper? What media -- tv, radio, papers, web -- outlets does he direct content to for Freedom Florida Communications? How does he keep and develop his best investigative reporters?