• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Does anyone have photos they'd like to share??

It's odd, about places like Patrone's, the Old Seagrove Store, and even the Old Butler Store, that while you're living it, while you're enjoying these places, they are just a normal part of your life, and you never think to take a photo of them...

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Patrone's was a great little place. I remember that immense hog they use to keep, and the peacocks and rabbits that roamed free.

The peacocks! They would start to roost right around 5pm or so at which time we declared official "cocktail" hour!!! it was all about the cocktails in Grayton Beach.

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
Oh My!! I need to dig out the pic's. I have a pic of my son, probably about 6 years old then, with Crabbe, the HUGE pig and her babies. Have pic's of a friend that is now deceased, Barbe Kosik at Patrones. I think it was her last photo. It might be time to burn up the scanner.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
Oh My!! I need to dig out the pic's. I have a pic of my son, probably about 6 years old then, with Crabbe, the HUGE pig and her babies. Have pic's of a friend that is now deceased, Barbe Kosik at Patrones. I think it was her last photo. It might be time to burn up the scanner.

D,

I bet you have photos that would make an interesting history of the area from the 60s and 70s forward...I would love to see your collection.

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
D,

I bet you have photos that would make an interesting history of the area from the 60s and 70s forward...I would love to see your collection.

Glenda, here is a pic of our Jeep on the beach, with both my brothers and my girlfriends ( and dog Budweiser) on my 15th birthday. Circa 1978

The Jeep was a blast back then on the beach. Just imagine 3 teenagers running amuck on all 26 miles of beach, and dunes were not safe either. Ever tried sand skiing?? My past is blasting back.

joho

Beach Fanatic
Aug 5, 2005
I loved to hang out at Patrones.
The sounds of animals, the smell of a burning bonfire, Joe's chain saw working a scupture, and Gene running around in the golf cart passing out beer to locals.
Those were the days my friends :love:

CPort

Beach Fanatic
Feb 15, 2007
Clearbranch, Miss
such a fun and simple time down there, I loved the atmosphere there back then. Like someone said before the area was over developed(in my humble opinion) .