• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Beauford

Beach Lover
Jun 23, 2015
Destin, FL August 7, 2018, Destin, FL…Paula Deen and Destin Commons have announced plans to open the family-style restaurant at Destin Commons in Destin, Florida. Paula Deen’s Family Kitchen is expected to open first quarter 2019 on South Street by Uncle Buck’s Fishbowl & Grill.

“This is a fantastic opportunity for our shoppers to enjoy the warmth and hospitality created by Paula Deen while adding to the Destin Commons shopping experience,” said Heather Ruiz, the outdoor lifestyle center’s senior director of marketing and leasing. “Paula Deen’s team delivers quality food, service and ambience at a great value, and we’re excited to have them here, especially with occasional appearances by Paula Deen and their exhibition kitchen, a replica of Paula’s kitchen in her home.

“I’m so looking forward to teaming up with Destin Commons and Phoenix Hospitality & Entertainment to bring the newest Paula Deen’s Family Kitchen to my fans in the great state of Florida,” said Deen. “Together we will provide a truly memorable experience for folks who enjoy delicious Southern comfort food, Southern hospitality and great entertainment”

Paula Deen’s Family Kitchen exemplifies traditional Southern hospitality and brings her famous family recipes, including Paula Deen’s Southern Fried Chicken to the restaurant table. “I have selected my favorite recipes to serve to my guests’ family-style in an atmosphere just like my home. It’s all you can eat, so come hungry y’all!” said Deen. The Destin restaurant is the latest announcement in a rapidly growing expansion of the Paula Deen’s Family Kitchen brand, which also has locations in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee; Myrtle Beach, South Carolina; Fairview, Texas; San Antonio, and coming soon at Pier Park in Panama City Beach, Florida and OWA in beautiful Foley, Alabama.

“The 300-seat restaurant will be accompanied by a retail store featuring items hand-selected by Paula Deen to reflect her gracious taste and Savannah’s rich cultural heritage. Many of her favorite products can only be found in the retail store inside of Paula Deen’s Family Kitchen restaurants.

Phoenix Hospitality + Entertainment, and its subsidiary, PD Restaurants, LLC, bring more than 150 years of collective experience in the restaurant, hospitality and entertainment worlds to this special project in Destin, Florida.

“We are confident that the consistent high-quality food and service of Paula Deen’s Family Kitchen will be warmly embraced in Destin at our newest location in Destin Commons,” said Rajat Shah, founder and CEO of Phoenix Hospitality.

Award-winning Destin Commons, featuring over 90 stores and restaurants, is anchored by Bass Pro Shops; Belk; H&M; Uncle Buck’s Fishbowl & Grill; the largest Lush in Florida; and AMC Destin, a 14-screen movie theatre. The outdoor lifestyle center also offers 70,000 square feet of Class A office space, free WiFi access, interactive pop fountain, and Pirate’s Cove children’s soft play area. Destin Commons is located at the corner of US Highway 98 and the Mid Bay Bridge Road. For additional information, call (850) 337-8700, or visit www.DestinCommons.com, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.