~Payroll Software Suggestions~

Discussion in 'Business, Goods and Services' started by Beachbummett, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Beachbummett

Beachbummett SoWal Insider

Ok, I'm in dire need of a new payroll software program, does anyone have any suggestions?

Please, don't suggest Quickbooks, I've completely had it with Quickbooks~don't ask, but we have been on the phone with them for over two hours!

2. Teresa

Teresa SoWal Guide Staff Member

sorry, but QB is all I have ever known or used and have never had a problem. but, I would be interested in hearing of any other solutions. with QB, you have to pay for every dang add on service but its nice to have. what are the alternatives? anyone?

3. Beachbummett

Beachbummett SoWal Insider

We have been using them for years so we are used to the updates, today we went to do another update.....over 2 hours and 7 technicians later still could not resolve the problem, worse part was their attitude. We pay them a lot of money to be rude to us? :dunno:

4. jessifunn

jessifunn superJfunn

Talk to Tammy she has had the same problem :floor:

5. incredible1

incredible1 Beach Lover

We use paychex
    Worth every penny
    They do the filing, send 1099 and w2 the works
    cost is about $250 a quarter with some small monthlys in there
    Time saved = thousands

6. Matt J

Matt J SWGB

That's debatable, they read my 1 as a 7 on the old W9 so now I get to pay additional taxes as opposed to getting a refund. :bang:

7. Sailnmike

Sailnmike Beach Comber

It's Very Important when using QB you get it set up right at first, down the road, It will ruin you if you don't.
    Get a local QB accountant to set it up then you can go with out any problems.

8. Beach Bimmer

Beach Bimmer Beach Fanatic

I'd recommend Easybooks, 850-897-5575. They are local, certified Quickbooks Proadvisers, and have done some awesome Quickbooks work for Fired Up.

Doug, Leslie, Daniela and their team been there for us from the time we first bought Fired Up 3 years ago, and worth every penny to date.

9. Philip_Atlanta

Philip_Atlanta Beach Lover

ADP (www.adp.com) is a pretty good service. I've used the QB module and didn't care for it - using a 3rd party certainly has it's benefits.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  10. dfearnow

dfearnow Beach Crab

Payroll Solution

I work for a company out of Tampa called Mangrove Employer Services and we do payroll for companies. We differentiate ourselves from companies like Quickbooks and ADP because we truly care about our customers and don't have them wait on hold for 2 hours. If you outsource payroll, you don't have to worry about all of the updates to the system which can be a real challenge. If you would ever like to discuss our services, give me a call. My direct number is 813-387-3125

11. Teresa

Teresa SoWal Guide Staff Member

updates are easy and happen on schedule. I was talking about "add ons" like credit card services, billing, payroll, and many services they offer but you definitely pay. I think its worth it though. did you get things worked out? I've used QB for years and have always had pretty quick response and support whenever anything went wrong - which is typically user error:blush:.

For small businesses we have to do much of the work ourselves, but QB provides support to the extent you need, or want. also, it just makes sense for some to use QB for payroll since they are using it to manage all business finances. its all rolled into one. that's what I like. but its not perfect. (its come a long dam way though).

12. Matt J

Matt J SWGB

Peachtree is another option, but it's got a learning curve to it.