• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
http://westbayflorida.blogspot.com/2007/10/date-set-for-groundbreaking-ceremony.html

Early this morning the Airport Authority began emailing invitations to a ?Ceremonial Groundbreaking? for the new airport, to be held on Thursday, November 1, at 9:30 a.m.

If you need information about the event, send an email to: patty@pcairport.com

This community has worked nearly ten years to reach this day.

Congratulations to Airport Authority Chairman Joe Tannehill; Airport Board Members Bill Cramer, Gerry Clemons, Rick Koehnemann and Andy McKenzie; Airport Executive Director Randy Curtis; and the countless others who have contributed to the process and worked so hard to bring better air service, economic development opportunities and environmental protection to our region.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Does this mean that Shelly will stand naked with shovel in hand for the ceremonial pose of the breaking of the ground? :dunno:

Bob

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2004
O'Wal
Shelly is secretly buying adjoining property to the airport, and has plans for a fish and chips stand to accommodate all those pink Brits who will spend their two for one currency on Sowal vacation homes.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Did anyone read about the new Airbus making its first flight, where people spent upwards of $10,000 per ticket to take the first flight? The new PC airport will be able to land the new Airbus, and Fed Ex and UPS will likely be using the the new jet for cargo, saving millions of dollars in fuel expense. The new Airbus will fly half way around the world on one tank of gas. From here, that would mean that the Airbus could fly to Singapore on a single tank. :shock: I wonder why UPS has purchased property near the new airport.:dunno: I wonder why I hear rumors of Fed Ex looking to relocate from Memphis to Panama City Beach / West Bay.:dunno: It is very interesting to think about. Does anyone know if Fed Ex and UPS have orders for the new Airbus? :dunno:

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Does this mean that Shelly will stand naked with shovel in hand for the ceremonial pose of the breaking of the ground? :dunno:

The bet was for the airport scheduling its GRAND OPENING in 2009 :roll:--ain't gonna happen. With the first shovel of dirt, the fun begins.

BTW...I like the idea of the "emailed" invitations due to the short notice....
:scratch:...let's see, why would that be? Maybe to get it in before JOE's conference call on Nov 6? :D

The big question remains to be answered....will there be snacks at the ceremony?

Last edited:

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Does anyone know if Fed Ex and UPS have orders for the new Airbus? :dunno:

Airbus 380s plagued with delays. Fed Ex canx it's order for the Airbus 380s last year...opted for smaller Boeing 777s instead. UPS canx its order with Airbus in March.

Bob

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2004
O'Wal
The bet was for the airport scheduling its GRAND OPENING in 2009 :roll:--ain't gonna happen. With the first shovel of dirt, the fun begins.

BTW...I like the idea of the "emailed" invitations due to the short notice....
:scratch:...let's see, why would that be? Maybe to get it in before JOE's conference call on Nov 6? :D

The big question remains to be answered....will there be snacks at the ceremony?

fried Mars Bars, and feeesh/cheeps

Cork On the Ocean

directionally challenged
:shock: I wonder why UPS has purchased property near the new airport.:dunno: I wonder why I hear rumors of Fed Ex looking to relocate from Memphis to Panama City Beach / West Bay.:dunno: It is very interesting to think about. Does anyone know if Fed Ex and UPS have orders for the new Airbus? :dunno:

Don't know about the airbus except that the airport will accomodate it. The grapevine has it that a number of hub relocations are expected to occur because it's the first international airport after 9/11 and will meet new security levels. :dunno: Many are very optomistic about the airports success strictly because of this security issue. Would like to know what the enhanced measures are.

BTW, nice butt!

I've been gone for a while and word is that you've surely become a welcomed addition to the board. Originally, the media was talking 2009 but at the Engineer's meeting last month, they specifically said early 2010.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
I've been gone for a while and word is that you've surely become a welcomed addition to the board.

:blink: Welcome to the Twilight Zone.

Originally, the media was talking 2009 but at the Engineer's meeting last month, they specifically said early 2010.

I'm pretty sure that will change again going forward.

Last edited:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
What will make the new PC more secure than the recent FWB changes?

As always, remember your airport is only as secure as the LEAST secure connecting airport.