• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Cork On the Ocean

directionally challenged
I've got the design somewhere and nothing about the layout struck me as unusual except maybe the buffers so maybe it's electronic stuff or something. Plus as you say, it's in the middle of nowhere for now.

For starters....it's in the middle of nowhere.

Bob

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2004
O'Wal
now it's in the middle of nowhere like Scottsdale AZ was the middle of nowhere.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
It's in the "middle of nowhere" only until they build the rental car lots, the airport hotels, the maintenance buildings, the shipping centers.........

Bob

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2004
O'Wal
It's all doomed because commercial investment is "commercialvestulators".

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
It's in the "middle of nowhere" only until they build the rental car lots, the airport hotels, the maintenance buildings, the shipping centers.........

:dunno: Then why not buy in Orlando, there's lots of stuff out there for sale, there's an airport, there's jobs, there's infrastructure in place, it's Florida and it's a buyer's market there too--one might say it is a turnkey operation. No beach nearby? The same might hold true here as more and more of our beaches are tagged as "Off Limits" to tourists and locals.

This "airport story" may not be the best news for local Realtors as it may encourage present sellers in the area to hang on to their unreasonably high asking prices just that much longer.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Did anyone read about the new Airbus making its first flight, where people spent upwards of $10,000 per ticket to take the first flight? The new PC airport will be able to land the new Airbus, and Fed Ex and UPS will likely be using the the new jet for cargo, saving millions of dollars in fuel expense. The new Airbus will fly half way around the world on one tank of gas. From here, that would mean that the Airbus could fly to Singapore on a single tank. :shock: I wonder why UPS has purchased property near the new airport.:dunno: I wonder why I hear rumors of Fed Ex looking to relocate from Memphis to Panama City Beach / West Bay.:dunno: It is very interesting to think about. Does anyone know if Fed Ex and UPS have orders for the new Airbus? :dunno:

Actually FedEx has no plans to move its main hub from Memphis, the main reason FedEx and UPS want access to the new airport is:

Overall Size, the land is bigger than Hartsfield in ATL and offers a huge amount of expansion room.
Employees, there is a huge labor pool available in the area both trained and untrained that need year round employment.
Location, Panama City got its name for its' proximity (I got that word all wrong) to the country of Panama, both carriers will most likely use the airport as a hub to south and central america.

These are the reasons I was told by a friend who works WITH, not for, FedEx.

Bob

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2004
O'Wal
:dunno: Then why not buy in Orlando, there's lots of stuff out there for sale, there's an airport, there's jobs, there's infrastructure in place, it's Florida and it's a buyer's market there too--one might say it is a turnkey operation. No beach nearby? The same might hold true here as more and more of our beaches are tagged as "Off Limits" to tourists and locals.

This "airport story" may not be the best news for local Realtors as it may encourage present sellers in the area to hang on to their unreasonably high asking prices just that much longer.

.[/QUOTE For the same reason that real estate markets are local. Some regions in our country now are in boom phase. The panhandle market cannot be compared to Orlando. The beach is obviously the draw in SoWal. That and the fact that there are multiple reasons to buy and hold real estate. Why present the engine for growth in your neck of the woods as a boondoggle? Does it run counter to your desires, or have you shorted St. Joe recently?

Cork On the Ocean

directionally challenged

Actually Shelly from my standpoint, I'd just as soon have sellers hang onto their property and get them off the market. It's no good having a listing that nobody's buying and it's the glut of properties on the market that's causing buyers to wait to write contracts.

The best thing that could happen for the market is for people to pull their stuff off the market but many can't afford to in spite of the fact that they know the airport will boost the market.

Chickpea

Beach Fanatic
Dec 15, 2005
30-A Corridor
SJ: read the story about the the new airbus today flying from Singapore to Sydney in 7 hours - reviews by passengers were rave and as you said, some paid mucho $$$$ for the experience and said they were so spoiled by the experience that they cannot imagine flying any other way. This jumbo jumbo jumbo jet has multiple classes, rooms furnished as suites, beds, etc... will take joining the mile high club to another level i guess :love: