• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
For those race fans out there, Panama (Pantie-Maw) City is hosting Offshore PowerBoat Races May 21 and 22.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
RiverOtter said:
Way, dude. There is an article in the Walton Sun, April 9, 2005, page C30. The website, www.panamacityoffshore.com is under construction, yet you can call or email for more info.
800-827-1580
info@panamacityoffshore.com

It states that the races are returning after 13 years of absence. (something like that).

I guess you will be coming down that weekend? The little Otters will love it, eh?

RiverOtter, you can find out the entry requirements at www.superboat.com

I think you need paid access to the Walton Sun to see the article, but perhaps someone that has access will copy and paste, with permission of course.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Don't think there is a class for a 23' bowrider
Check out the entry requirements. I did read that they have a race class named, "Run What You Bring." Hmm?

From the Walton Sun article,

"Performance classes will allow local perfomance boaters to compete in speed brackets with top speeds ranging from 60-100mph."

I guess if you are bringing the Bowrider, it is good to know that the aforementioned speeds are "top" speeds. I guess the real question is, "Is the Bowrider a "performance" boat?"

Smiling JOe said:
"Performance classes will allow local perfomance boaters to compete in speed brackets with top speeds ranging from 60-100mph."

I guess if you are bringing the Bowrider, it is good to know that the aforementioned speeds are "top" speeds. I guess the real question is, "Is the Bowrider a "performance" boat?"

:sosad: About 6 mph short :dunno: ....... Story of my life :D