• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Scooter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 3, 2005
Atlanta, GA; New Orleans, LA
My three year old shetland sheepdog was diagnosed with Cushing's. The vets couldn't believe it. Very unusual for a three yr. old dog. His first symptoms was a seizure about 6 months before the diagnoses. He now takes vetoryl, phenobarbital and benadryl. Poor baby won't live his normal life span and is so thirsty all the time. Good luck to you and Pepper!

Wow, three yo is young for Cushings. One of our poodles died from that, but she was 16.

Pepper got released from Auburn today. The neurologist did rule out a seizure due to an abnormality in the brain. Many of the test results aren't in yet, so it's a waiting game. She was so happy to get home. We're so happy to have her home. :love:

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
So sorry to hear you and Pepper are going through this. Lexie has had a seizure before, but we believe it was two meds given together. I know you love Pepper like I love my four, and this is very upsetting for you all. Sending prayers your way that you get the answers you need and all will be well.:wave:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Glad they could rule out a seizure, but now I am worrying about what else could have caused what you described! Hope it is nothing serious and easily preventable.