• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BeachSteelers

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2006
Seagrove
I see a lot of viewings but not many signing up:dunno:
Maybe a little info might help. This is a Proposed Private Club for Naturewalk Homeowners. It's to be put where the Seagrove Villas Motel is now located. By the Developers Own Numbers as many as 2500 people could be there during some days of the high season. With shuttles running 12 hrs a day. As well as those whom many think will drive to on their own. Many residents of Seagrove feel this would be out of character for this Neighborhood. I see it as a dangerous precedent for if it passes many other developers most certainly will try to imitate it. It will dramatically increase the traffic at the 395 stop. Do wereally want or need these kinds of developements. Can CR30A support more traffic? Should a community appease a developer while sacrificing our quality of life? Please help us stop this and sign on at the above link. thanks

2bfabian

Banned
Dec 29, 2006
on grand lagoon
Dear friend,

It could be mistaken by many that your true wish is to keep that area for just you and yours. I am sure that you have the purest of intentions, but if you were to ask the 2500 or so people a day that want to walk there, they may strongly disagree with you. Why not instead look at how you can in some way try to fix the problem with parking, thus showing all that your intentions were never at any time purely to just stop your neighbors and their friends from being able to enjoy what you and many other people would agree is the nicest place in the panhandle to visit. I say this with the utmost respect and best wishes to you.

:welcome:

BeachSteelers

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2006
Seagrove
They can walk or bike like I do. They can drive and park at grayton, deer lake or bramble's beach access. But to put 2500+ people at any given day on that small a section of beach is disgusting and CORRUPT! I'd rather not give away the character of Seagrove to every developer with deep pockets. Check my other posts, I recommended this County buy a Bio Deisel Bus. It could travel along 30a and 98. Local restuarants can donate their used oil as well as advertise on it. There's a couple solutions for you and the County. But the County doesn't give a RAT'S A.. about this area. Traffic is already insane at 395. No matter how much in Concurrency they can pay! By the way where's that money go?
And their "idea" of a shuttle is hopeful at best. Divide 2500 by a 25 person shuttle. That's 100 just to get to the beach and another 100 back. So 200 divided by the 12 hours the club would be open. That's 16+ trip per hour. Think that'll work? Doubtful. So say it's a 1000 people. That's 8.5 or so per hour. Or 7 minutes for that shuttle to round trip it . Truely Unworkable numbers! Believe me I've thought about this. And if it passes it won't be only Seagrove that's destroyed.
Or look at 2500 people on 340' of Beach. More than Seaside with 2000+ less ft of beach and 8 less walkdowns. That should be Pretty... INSANE, that is!
Just because idea's are stupid doesn't mean we ought to roll over and accept them. Most people purchased in this area cause it's not Destin, PC beach or Miami. But I guess it's wrong for us to even have an opinion on this as some have said. If the beach is the 4th reason people come here( devlopers own words) then why do they need a beach club? Believe me I think logically but stupid logic pisses me off.
By the way welcome to SoWal.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
They can walk or bike like I do. They can drive and park at grayton, deer lake or bramble's beach access. But to put 2500+ people at any given day on that small a section of beach is disgusting and CORRUPT! I'd rather not give away the character of Seagrove to every developer with deep pockets. Check my other posts, I recommended this County buy a Bio Deisel Bus. It could travel along 30a and 98. Local restuarants can donate their used oil as well as advertise on it. There's a couple solutions for you and the County. But the County doesn't give a RAT'S A.. about this area. Traffic is already insane at 395. No matter how much in Concurrency they can pay! By the way where's that money go?
And their "idea" of a shuttle is hopeful at best. Divide 2500 by a 25 person shuttle. That's 100 just to get to the beach and another 100 back. So 200 divided by the 12 hours the club would be open. That's 16+ trip per hour. Think that'll work? Doubtful. So say it's a 1000 people. That's 8.5 or so per hour. Or 7 minutes for that shuttle to round trip it . Truely Unworkable numbers! Believe me I've thought about this. And if it passes it won't be only Seagrove that's destroyed.
Or look at 2500 people on 340' of Beach. More than Seaside with 2000+ less ft of beach and 8 less walkdowns. That should be Pretty... INSANE, that is!
Just because idea's are stupid doesn't mean we ought to roll over and accept them. Most people purchased in this area cause it's not Destin, PC beach or Miami. But I guess it's wrong for us to even have an opinion on this as some have said. If the beach is the 4th reason people come here( devlopers own words) then why do they need a beach club? Believe me I think logically but stupid logic pisses me off.
By the way welcome to SoWal.

...and the County will never give a rat's @ss about SoWal as long as the elected officials of the County live north of the Bay.

That money, according to the County, goes into the Capital Fund.

Beachsteelers, your numbers don't mean anything to these people. However, in ten years when the traffic is worse than a nightmare at 395/30A, people will be wondering what started the problem of the traffic jam. Some will blame it on the developments along 395 North, and others will say WaterColor's phase on the east of 395, while others will say, I remember when NatureWalk put in that private access.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Just a thought - calling people and/or ideas stupid, insane, uncaring, disgusting, corrupt, etc. may prevent people from being sympathetic to your cause.

BeachSteelers

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2006
Seagrove
Kurt, I apoligize. I'm not trying to be an antagonist. But some of these ideas seem Stupid and Insane to Me. Guess I need to be PC in more of my statements, but for a Developer to tell me the beach is the 4th reason people come here is a Stupid, Insane Statement. Which, I think many would agree too.
I'm not trying to prevent people from supporting my views or prevent them from enjoying the beach but my main intent is prevent this area from being destroyed by thoughtless, irresponsible developement. Putting 2000+ people between a bunch of single family homes is Uncaring and Destructive for the neighborhood of Seagrove.

S Joe, you are correct, above the Bay is their main concern. Unfortunately.