1. Trouble logging in? Send a message with your username & email address for help.
    Dismiss Notice

Photos - 12/28/04

Discussion in 'All About SoWal' started by kurt, Dec 28, 2004.

1. kurt

kurt Admin Staff Member

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The pix are great, but unless you are here, one can't truly appreciate how it has been this week.

A new rumor: Perpiscasity is coming down, and condos are going up.

3. GraytonBound

GraytonBound Beach Fanatic

Nooooo, don't let them do it! That's one of my favorite things about Seaside...Before long there will be nothing left to do, except sit at your condo (not that that's a bad thing :) )

I'm still contemplating coming down today....is Perscipacity closed this week? What is there to do this week for a 7 & 9 yr old? Is the gulf too cold to swim in?

4. RiverOtter

RiverOtter got any pics?

Heard that one back in the summer. Said the developer sold the Seaside lots for $50,000 or so in the begining and most of the money was made on the resales. Now it's his turn to make BIG money and the south side of 30A property is just to valuable. That's a shame. Love that place.

5. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

Yes, the rumor is fairly old, and includes Bud and Alley's, in addition to Perpiscasity. Just a rumor??? -- I don't have a clue. Living here, I have grown accustomed to seldomly being surprised, but never shocked.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any recent pics of Eastern Lake or Dalton Sub-Division KURT ?
    Mike Ca. :D

7. kurt

kurt Admin Staff Member

Hi Guest :shock:

Nothing recent, sorry.

8. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

[​IMG]

Eastern Lake -- There you go! Fresh out of the old camera, taken today.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you JOE !

10. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

I am always up and down the beach, so if you ever need a digital snapshot, just ask and I will eventually get around to capturing the moment.

Happy New Year!

11. BlueMountainBeacher

BlueMountainBeacher Beach Comber

I heard the same thing, this Summer, about Perspecasity..no one knows exactly when the building will begin, however..all those shops on the beach side will be gone. :cry:

12. Sea Star

Sea Star Beach Lover

Hey Joe - Thanks for the picture of Eastern Lake. Is that looking toward the yellow house with the blue roof? If so, where did the palm trees on the right side of the pic come from? Looks like Eastern Lake has expanded a lot. How about a picture of Eastern Shores in relation to the lake? All of us really appreciate your kindness in sharing your pics.

Happy New Year!

13. kurt

kurt Admin Staff Member

A closer look at the house in Joe's pic - this was shot on 9/24/04

[​IMG]

14. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

Ole Kurt takes a mean photo, does he not? Yes, the house is yellow(creamy) with a blue roof. The photo, which I captured, was from the East side of the bridge on 30-A looking South / Southwest. The palms trees are easily missed because of the eye candy surrounding them. You asked about Eastern Shores. Are you referring to the Condos on Eastern Lake Rd?

15. Sea Star

Sea Star Beach Lover

Hi Smiling Joe! Kurt's pic was great, as that is the house I was talking about, and Eastern Shores are the condos on Eastern Lake Road, beside Commodore's Retreat. We stay there every year and love the lake. I don't understand the relationship of the lake now compared to last Sept., and can't recall where the palm trees come in. There also appears to be a structure of some kind next to the trees. Could that be the thatched roof gazebo that stood beside the lake access? Thanks again for all your pictures.

We appreciate you, Kurt and everyone else that helps us "out-of-towner's" keep up with what is going on.

16. kurt

kurt Admin Staff Member

You're welcome. When I took that pic they were landscaping behind a new house. Those palms may be part of it.

17. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

[​IMG]

This is an old arial photo, and the quality stinks, but it should give you some idea of the shape of the land. The red star indicates the location of Eastern Shores Condos to the best of my knowledge.

18. Sea Star

Sea Star Beach Lover

Hi Joe - That is accurate and looks like the lake usually did. I was curious to see the lake after Ivan. Someone said it has changed so that it is in front of Eastern Shores now, and it does appear to be further East of the yellow house than in the past.

Thanks!!

19. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Williams St

[​IMG]
    Williams St

[​IMG]
    May Dr.

[​IMG]
    Palm Trees look familiar? They are around the pool at a private residence.

[​IMG]
    Eastern Shores Condos

[​IMG]
    new homes south of Eastern Lake Dr

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Ryan St looking North from Eastern Lake Dr.

FYI- on Williams St, South of Central, there are only two homes under construction, with a building permit box on two more lots. I was mistaken about the construction. I was thinking about Brown St. Williams is, if only for the moment, a bit quite, but there is building on May Dr, so you will definitely hear some saws and nail guns.

20. Oldtimer

Oldtimer Beach Lover

The growth is still amazing :!: Guess it won't stop until every square inch of sand is covered. Are we going to lose the true charm of 30A? I know that the changes at Grayton are less than at some places, but greed will most likely take over and the final historic places will eventually be replaced with the "nicer, more modern, beautiful" structures and someone will make even more money than they will know what to do with.

I think it all started with the development of Seaside.

Even with all that I've said, I'll be back next weekend for a reunion of friends that I've know for 40+ years all of whom have visited our Lodge in the past. We still love Grayton Beach and now even enjoy the "civilized" amenities. See you on the 14th! :wink: