photos - Grayton Beach - Oct 22 2005

Discussion in 'All About SoWal' started by Smiling JOe, Oct 22, 2005.

1. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

[​IMG]

It would not be right if I did not share the other side of the sunset.
    Please remember to take your crappola off the beach.

[​IMG]
    Who is this SoWal Poster???

[​IMG]

More here.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2005
  2. Camp Creek Kid

Camp Creek Kid Christini Zambini

Well SJ, all I can say is "gorgeous." You're getting really good. Thanks for sharing. As usual, you caught the sunset that I was too busy to enjoy.

3. Beach Runner

Beach Runner beats on hood

Near the ATL and in SoWal as often as possible
    What kind of camera do you have? Any special lenses or filters?

4. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

Thanks, I am going for quantity, and with luck, quality will sneak in on occasion. You better stop working and move your booty to the beach to see a few sunsets. It is so beautiful that you would think you are in Old Milwalkee.

By the way _____________, it was good to finally meet you tonight. Thanks for saying high. ;-) Glad you enjoyed your visit.:D

5. Ocean Lover

Ocean Lover bean

Those are awesome! The high surf makes for some interesting pics!

6. Sunny Daze

Sunny Daze Beach Lover

Is that Sueshore? :idontno:

SJ that is the BEST sunset picture everrrr! Love the yellow surrounding it along with the wave action...you captured a beauty!

7. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

Most of the photos which I post are taken with my Olympus Stylus 400, which easily fits into my pocket, although it is on its last leg. I have carried it everywhere, yes, everywhere, for the last two years. It passes the duribiltiy test with flying colors. Once, I even found it on the beach :shock:. I knocked off the sand (impossible in reality) and it is still hanging in there. It is advertised as "weatherproof," although all of the writing rubbed off long ago. I don't use a filter, but will occasionally photoshop photos for cropping and framing.

PS - I do not endorse "Steve's Digicam," from whence the photo of the camera came.

Edit: as for the SoWal Poster, I will let that person speak for him/her self. :D

Last edited: Oct 22, 2005
  8. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

Thanks, but if I really captured it, that would be great. This really does not come anywhere close to being there and "experiencing" the sound, the feel, the smell, and the sight of it all. I just take the photos for you guys who cannot make it the beach in person just as a reminder for the beauty that remains here and which we all must defend. What is that old phrase? - "'til death do us part."

9. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

If you guys really want to send thanks for my photos, I think you all should pm WaterMan and share your kind words. Without him, you might be out of luck regarding my photos. That guy hooked me up. I have not seen him post for a while, that is why I say to pm him. I thank him with every photo I take. He is a kind soul. We love you WaterMan! :clap_1:

10. Camp Creek Kid

Camp Creek Kid Christini Zambini

Your new avatar is icky. Bring back that cute baby!

11. Ocean Lover

Ocean Lover bean

SJ, do you live within walking distance to the beach? Yeah, I say bring back the baby too. What is that anole eating? You know they sell those in the pet stores up here? My son wants a bearded dragon so we were checking out the lizard department at Petsmart. ( haven't decided on the bearded dragon yet)

12. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

Well, since I have walked to NY, even Charleston is well within walking distance.

Yes, I know that sweetpea is about the cutest avatar for whom anyone could ask, but all good things must come to an end. Seeing the Anole eating ??? sure brings about perpective to that cute little girl, eh? My avatars are like the beach should be... in constant change.

13. Beach Runner

Amazing that those photos came from such a simple camera. You are obviously an artist. We just got a Canon Digital Rebel XT. All of our really nice lenses from our previous non-digital Canons work with it. My husband is a filter freak. Can't wait to take photos at the beach with it. All we're lacking are your incredible creative skills, for which no camera could compensate.

14. sarahj

sarahj Beach Lover

SJ, Thanks for the beautiful photos. I was so tired when I sat down at the computer tonight, almost didn't check the board. Sure glad I did. Your photos really gave me a lift. Life is good when you can enjoy the beach--even in pictures. You make it sound so simply, but it means a lots to us who can't be there.

15. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

WOW! You make me feel special. I just take notes from Kurt's photos and try to incorporate them into my own thing. I have not seen any bad photos of the beach from any of you guys.

16. Beach Runner

You're too humble. You're photos are inspiring.

17. Miss Kitty

Miss Kitty Meow

What is missing in this photo that would be a giveaway if it was me? A leash with MOLLY at the end! But, only after 6 pm....although we do cheat a little sometimes, so we don't miss sunset!!

BR...your insights to SJ's photography skills are right on!!!

18. DD

DD SoWal Expert

Loved them all. Especially the one in shades of lavender/purple. Except for the beach trash one...how could anyone be so irresponsible? :idontno:

19. aquaticbiology

aquaticbiology fishlips

I would have bonfired it

20. Miss Kitty

Miss Kitty Meow

Love your batty avatar!!

I've said it before and I'll say it again...BEACH TRASH leaves their BEACH TRASH behind!!!