1. Trouble logging in? Send a message with your username & email address for help.
    Dismiss Notice

photos Grayton Beach Sept 11 2005

Discussion in 'All About SoWal' started by Smiling JOe, Sep 11, 2005.

1. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

[​IMG]

More photos, taken today, can be viewed by registered members by clicking here.

I think I forgot to mention that this photo was taken while standing on the new island which I am calling Grayton Island I. There is a Grayton Island II a little farther west. There are even more islands both east and west. :lol:

Last edited: Sep 11, 2005
  2. Jdarg

Jdarg SoWal Expert

I am checking SoWal before I turn in- glad I did. I will dream about these pics-way too awesome SJ! Will show the outflow pics to the kids in the a.m.-they will be amazed. That part of the beach looks like the moon...

3. DD

DD SoWal Expert

Lovely...save room on the island--we'll be there in Oct.

4. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

My guess is that some of the larger alligators from the local lakes may sun themselves on the islands in October. :shock: I will let you tell them that the spot of earth which they rest upon belongs to you. ;-)

5. Miss Kitty

Miss Kitty Meow

Send pics of the alligators...I'll check this site while I am locked up in my place down there in Oct.!

6. steele mama

steele mama Beach Fanatic

Labor Day weekend there was a baby alligator on our dock at Graytona Lodge. It jumped back in the lake when I walked on the dock. The lake was so high he was able to climb up on with no problem. He was very cute. Wwe have had other gators through the years. One we named Jack Daniels (he was my Grandaddy's). He was fed marshmellows. Then there was Tick Tock who came later.

The pics are great SJ. I was looking at home movies from 92 this weekend and Grayton looked deserted. Very nice.

7. OhioBeachBum

OhioBeachBum Beach Fanatic

Remember, SJ, a few of those 'gators are sometimes hard of hearing - you may have to get up close and whisper in their ears... :floor: :floor:

8. DD

DD SoWal Expert

LOL!! :lolabove: I'll be happy to tell them! I ain't skeered of no alligators!