• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Feb 18, 2008
Pick up a copy of this week's DeFuniak Herald/Beach Breeze for all the important local news!

In the Breeze-

* Gubernatorial Candidate Paula Dockery visits the Walton Republican Women Federated meeting
*Attorney General candidate Dave Aronberg visits Seaside
*Officials hear recommendations for Driftwood Estates
*C.O.P.S. service organization establishes Panhandle chapter
*South Walton Mosquito Control news
*news from the Seagrove Garden Club, Santa Rosa Green Thumb Garden Club, and Florida Master naturalist program
*David Pleat fundraiser at Harbor Docks
*Camellia Festival and Heritage Day at Eden State Gardens
*Shelter House Gala info (Mar. 20th)- to benefit victims of domestic violence
*Seaside Rep Intern show info

In the Herald-

*Elections, audits, code, intersections at DeFuniak Spring City Council meeting
*Bomb squad responds to Mossy Head call
*Walton County School District receives $10,000 gift, and other WCSD news
*Ann Tucker's efforts to help the Muscogee Nation in Bruce
*Latest Community Walton group news- Men Who Service Walton calendar and other CW efforts
*Boys & Girls Club hosts Abrakadoodle street art
*coverage of the Florida Chautaqua Assembly
*DFS Kiwanis doles out buckets of aid for Haitian victims
*LOTS of sports and school news

Pick up a copy today or call 850-892-3232 to get the paper delivered right to your mailbox!

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
enjoyed the photos of the Daisy troop in last week's edition...it was my granddaughter in the pilot's seat of Air One! :clap:

miznotebook

Beach Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
Stone's throw from Inlet Bch
Re subscribing, it may be helpful to say that the days of operation for the Herald/Breeze business office are Monday through Wednesday and Friday. The office does observe the traditional DeFuniak Springs Thursday holiday.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
Re subscribing, it may be helpful to say that the days of operation for the Herald/Breeze business office are Monday through Wednesday and Friday. The office does observe the traditional DeFuniak Springs Thursday holiday.

Oh! I'm glad to know that Thursday holiday is alive and well...I grew up thinking every store in the world closed on Thursdays! LOL

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Oh! I'm glad to know that Thursday holiday is alive and well...I grew up thinking every store in the world closed on Thursdays! LOL

:lol:I didn't know this was really a traditional day off in DeFuniak! I just assumed that since the writers and staff work long hours and weekends, that Thursday was like their Sunday! How cool- I love old traditions like this!

miznotebook

Beach Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
Stone's throw from Inlet Bch
I lived in North Alabama for awhile and there was a tradition there and in some places in nearby northwest Georgia for business to be closed on Saturday, Sunday and Wednesday afternoon. I would guess there are traditions for different variations of the work week in other areas, but a lot of them have died out in favor of the Monday-Friday work week now.

Last edited: