• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Sonjawave

Beach Comber
Apr 1, 2013
Hi!

We plan to visit Eden Garden State Park this vacation. I've heard it's beautiful & a great picnic location.
My question is, are there picnic tables on the lovely grounds, or should I take a quilt? IF taking a quilt, will they allow you to sit anywhere on the grounds?
Also, are there any locations along 30-a that make lunch boxes for this type thing?

Thank you!!

Duchess

Beach Lover
Sep 11, 2005
Blue Mountain Beach/Reynoldstown
What a great idea! My hubby and I did this last summer; you're right, it's a perfect spot. Try to time it so you can get a tour of the house as well, it's well worth it even though the furnishings may not be your taste. The tour provides a nice history of the area and the family that lived there.

To answer your questions...there are picnic tables but I'm sure you'd be allowed to spread out a quilt anywhere. We parked ourselves at a table by the bay. I brought a bottle of wine and kept it kind of out of sight as I don't think you're allowed to bring alcohol to a state park. Also, there are bathrooms in a little building near the main house. Be careful where you spread out a quilt because we did see a tree snake near the reflection pond. Not a big deal.

I would recommend a run to Modica if you feel like splurging on a picnic lunch but Publix's deli is always good, too. Can't think of anyone who does actual packed lunches, though. Hope you have a lovely afternoon, the landscaping there is very nice and I enjoyed chatting with some of the gardeners. They have a sale of plants from time to time and I need to figure out when that is. Our next picnic spot is either Topsail or Camp Helen. I'm embarrassed to admit I've been to neither. Cheers!

Sonjawave

Beach Comber
Apr 1, 2013
What a great idea! My hubby and I did this last summer; you're right, it's a perfect spot. Try to time it so you can get a tour of the house as well, it's well worth it even though the furnishings may not be your taste. The tour provides a nice history of the area and the family that lived there.

To answer your questions...there are picnic tables but I'm sure you'd be allowed to spread out a quilt anywhere. We parked ourselves at a table by the bay. I brought a bottle of wine and kept it kind of out of sight as I don't think you're allowed to bring alcohol to a state park. Also, there are bathrooms in a little building near the main house. Be careful where you spread out a quilt because we did see a tree snake near the reflection pond. Not a big deal.

I would recommend a run to Modica if you feel like splurging on a picnic lunch but Publix's deli is always good, too. Can't think of anyone who does actual packed lunches, though. Hope you have a lovely afternoon, the landscaping there is very nice and I enjoyed chatting with some of the gardeners. They have a sale of plants from time to time and I need to figure out when that is. Our next picnic spot is either Topsail or Camp Helen. I'm embarrassed to admit I've been to neither. Cheers!

Thanks for sharing, and I hadn't thought about alcoholic beverages not being allowed.
Anyone reading, IS THAT CORRECT, No alcoholic beverages?

port albert

Beach Comber
Jul 11, 2005
During our yearly month in January we do at least 2-3 Eden picnics. First a stop at Publix for sandwiches and other goodies and then off to the park. Every picnic is accompanied by wine and maybe beer. Just be discrete keeping the bottles out of sight. Perhaps using tumblers rather than wine glasses would also be wise. The staff have never said a thing!!

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
The picnic tables, being down near the bay, are a long way from the mansion. I seriously doubt that anyone would question a bottle of wine or some beer. It is a great place for a picnic.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Every single person who visits SoWal should see Eden! But then it would be too crowded so forget I said that. There are picnic tables and grills under the oaks by Tucker Bayou, with a view of the Bay. There is a new dock on the bayou. On the west side of the park there are covered picnic tables for larger groups, also with grills and a nature trail.
http://sowal.com/park/eden-gardens-state-park

Experience great local flavor and get your lunch at MArie's Bostro in Blue Mountain Beach; Chanticleer Bakery & Eatery in Grayton Beach; Seagrove Village Market Cafe, South of Philly, Angelina's or Bruno's Pizza in Seagrove.
http://www.sowal.com/restaurants

Sonjawave

Beach Comber
Apr 1, 2013
Every single person who visits SoWal should see Eden! But then it would be too crowded so forget I said that. There are picnic tables and grills under the oaks by Tucker Bayou, with a view of the Bay. There is a new dock on the bayou. On the west side of the park there are covered picnic tables for larger groups, also with grills and a nature trail.
http://sowal.com/park/eden-gardens-state-park

Experience great local flavor and get your lunch at MArie's Bostro in Blue Mountain Beach; Chanticleer Bakery & Eatery in Grayton Beach; Seagrove Village Market Cafe, South of Philly, Angelina's or Bruno's Pizza in Seagrove.
http://www.sowal.com/restaurants

Thank you Kurt, I've taken notes!