• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
P8030096.JPG

Tootsie, great to meet you today! I look forward to that beer on the beach with you and your hubby someday in the near future. :D

KY oyster eater

Beach Lover
Jul 31, 2005
Louisville
So give me the straight skinny......has the sun been shinin' at all or has it been cloudy and rainy? Is that what is on the next weeks forecast. Fill me in oh wise and wonderful people of South Walton. Not that I mind a little overcast every now and then.......Thanks for all the information on everything SoWal! Leavin' Friday from J-Town Kentucky. Can't wait to get down there and taste some saltwater and visit Hurricanes for a few bi-valves.....and budweisers.........Anybody been to Dustys' lately? That's down the beach a ways I guess. More near Panama City I guess...... :dunno:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
KY oyster eater said:
So give me the straight skinny......has the sun been shinin' at all or has it been cloudy and rainy? Is that what is on the next weeks forecast. Fill me in oh wise and wonderful people of South Walton. Not that I mind a little overcast every now and then.......Thanks for all the information on everything SoWal! Leavin' Friday from J-Town Kentucky. Can't wait to get down there and taste some saltwater and visit Hurricanes for a few bi-valves.....and budweisers.........Anybody been to Dustys' lately? That's down the beach a ways I guess. More near Panama City I guess...... :dunno:
The sky has been filled with clouds mostly since my return on Monday. I think it has rained everyday too. I cannot say that I look at the weather forecasts too much, so I don't know what they say about the future week ahead. They are usually off track for weather on 30-A anyway. Also, some of the prettiest days at the beach are when the sky is overcast, the water calm, with a light rain falling -- just wear your swimsuit. Thunder is rolling around at the moment. Enjoy your visit. :D

Just in case of rain, search for the thread on Favorite Things to do on a Rainy Day. There are some very relaxing ideas there.

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
I observed something during my week down there a couple months ago. A large group of people were playing around on the beach all day and when a shower came through, they all ran and crammed themselves under a tent so they WOULDN'T GET WET.

They spend the day swimming in salt water and rolling in the sand, but when nice, cool fresh water falls from the sky, they run and get under the tent. :rotfl:

I just sat there in the rain and ate boiled peanuts.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Have a blast Ky Oyster Eater- no matter what the weather- and when you return, look for my SoWal sticker in your neighborhood- we are in J'town 3 days/ week for my son's kempo classes. Don't forget to get a sticker so we can honk at each other!

BTW- the oyster eaters in our group spent quite a bit of time at Hurricane's this year. Very brave, eating oysters outside when it is like 98 degrees and the air was not moving much. Of course a few cocktails helped. :cool:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Landlocked said:
I observed something during my week down there a couple months ago. A large group of people were playing around on the beach all day and when a shower came through, they all ran and crammed themselves under a tent so they WOULDN'T GET WET.

They spend the day swimming in salt water and rolling in the sand, but when nice, cool fresh water falls from the sky, they run and get under the tent. :rotfl:

I just sat there in the rain and ate boiled peanuts.
Please get off the beaches when the thunder is roaring and the lightning comes in, and most importantly, get out from under those lightning rods posing at tents, umbrellas, and chairs. That lightning will take you out for good, and while it may look cleaner than a shark attack, you will be just as dead.

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
Smiling JOe said:
Please get off the beaches when the thunder is roaring and the lightning comes in, and most importantly, get out from under those lightning rods posing at tents, umbrellas, and chairs. That lightning will take you out for good, and while it may look cleaner than a shark attack, you will be just as dead.

There was no lightning! It was little rain shower.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
And my husband only picked up one, which I immediately put on MY car. So now he doesn't have one! Hey Ky Oyster Eater, maybe you could bring back a few and we could have a sticker hand-off in J'town?

Status
Not open for further replies.