• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Seaside Rep Theatre

Beach Lover
Feb 1, 2006
realthing.jpg

2007 Autumn Playwright Festival
featuring The Real Thing by Tom Stoppard

Sponsored by the St. Joe Company2007 Season sponsored by Design and Design Services of Florida

An Autumn Tides Event sponsored by the Beaches of South Walton

Wednesdays through Saturdays, October 17 - 27
Seaside Meeting Hall Theatre
Scroll down for complete schedule.

The 2006 Playwright Festival Honoree is Tom Stoppard, the Academy-Award winning screenwriter of Shakespeare in Love , the author of three Tony Award-winning plays, including The Real Thing, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead, and Travesties, and is the genius behind such critical and box office successes as The Invention of Love, Arcadia, and the masterful trilogy The Coast of Utopia.

Our feature presentation is the winner of the 1984 Tony Award for Best Play and the 2000 Tony Award for Best Revival, The Real Thing . This intellectually and emotionally engaging backstage comedy portrays an articulate and romantically idealistic playwright whose second wife is trying to merge worthy causes with her art as an actress. Making extensive use of the "play within the play," The Real Thing is a tour de force that is at once funny, heartwarming, original, and intelligent.

"So packed with wit, ideas and feelings ... Stoppard's most moving play and the most bracing play anyone has written about love and marriage in years." - N.Y. Times.

"Shimmering, dazzling theatre, a play of uncommon wit and intelligence which not only thoroughly delights but challenges and illuminates our lives." WCBS TV.

Winner of the 1984 Tony Award for Best Play and the 2000 Tony Award for Best Revival.

Autumn Playwright Festival Schedule

Wednesday, October 17
Members-Only Pre-show Event 5:30pm $20
Members-Only opening night of The Real Thing with post-show Q&A 7:30pm $20

Thursday, October 18
The Real Thing with post-show Q&A 7:30pm $24/$20 Member

Friday, October 19

Saturday, October 20

Monday, October 22
Film - Shakespeare in Love 7:30pm $5

Tuesday, October 23
Stoppard Staged Readings/Discussion7:30pm Free

Wednesday, October 24

Thursday, October 25

Friday, October 26

Saturday, October 27

All events take place in the meeting hall theatre.

For tickets: 850.231.0733 or www.seasiderep.org

savvytangerine

Beach Fanatic
Jul 5, 2007
30-A since before I could walk
I can't believe it is just around the corner! :blink:

Looking forward to it! :wave:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I was standing outside the Seaside Rep tonight when the play let out. Every single person that walked out that door was raving about this play.:clap:

I can't wait to see it!!

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
I was standing outside the Seaside Rep tonight when the play let out. Every single person that walked out that door was raving about this play.:clap:

I can't wait to see it!!

Can we go some night next week? :wave:

I can't wait to see it!!

Thanks to DargVader! He's the best running "crew" we've every had. Poor guy had to come out on stage pre-show and re-build the house of cards in front of a full house after someone (other than me) accidentally knocked it down! :clap:

Jdarg and Bdarg - thanks for making such a great kid! Love him!

goofer

Beach Fanatic
Feb 21, 2005
Mrs. G and I went to the opening night celebration. The pre-theater coctail party was funn and delicious. Now to the play......I give it 2 BIG THUMBS UP !! The acting was superb, as it always is, and Craig did fabulous directing. The Seaside Rep needs everyone's support. It is one of the great resources in our area. Just think if every member on this message board sent in $10, that would raise tens of thousands of dollars. Let's all do our part and send in a donation or better yet become a member. Let's not think the theater will always be here, because without local support it could disappear, which is something no one would want.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Thanks to DargVader! He's the best running "crew" we've every had. Poor guy had to come out on stage pre-show and re-build the house of cards in front of a full house after someone (other than me) accidentally knocked it down! :clap:

Jdarg and Bdarg - thanks for making such a great kid! Love him!

Don't let him get too cocky. :lol: He had a blast last night.

I had no idea he could build a house of cards!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Mrs. G and I went to the opening night celebration. The pre-theater coctail party was funn and delicious. Now to the play......I give it 2 BIG THUMBS UP !! The acting was superb, as it always is, and Craig did fabulous directing. The Seaside Rep needs everyone's support. It is one of the great resources in our area. Just think if every member on this message board sent in $10, that would raise tens of thousands of dollars. Let's all do our part and send in a donation or better yet become a member. Let's not think the theater will always be here, because without local support it could disappear, which is something no one would want.

Yea Goofer and Mrs. Goofer!!!:clap: