• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
C'mon Man... are you from Detroit..... all this other stuff should be easy! Welcome to Florida

Jackalope

Beach Lover
Jan 24, 2015
Yes. All of the above. Don't forget about wild boar,coyotes, big cats. Although, I've only heard the coyotes and the biggest cat I've actually seen was a bobcat.

Last edited:

FL Dawg

Beach Fanatic
Sep 12, 2006
Had another run in with Mr. Squatch on the way to church thru the dirt road to PWUMC on Sunday. If its not the chickens its the damn sasquatches!!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Anyone ever encounter dangerous wildlife in the park? Alligators, rattlesnakes, black bear???

They don't want to be anywhere near people and will all avoid you if they have a choice. They are only a problem if you surprise them, which is hard to do - be noisy. If you see bear cubs be extremely careful because a momma bear is very protective.

You are not likely to see any of these critters. Alligators only near water.

Jim Boothe

Beach Comber
Mar 31, 2014
I saw gators in a pond behind Beachside Villas last April. Black bear I'm not worried too much about, we have them in Michigan, and they want no part of humans. Rattlesnakes do worry me there though. I would not be walking with boots and pants, but most likely shorts and sneakers.

m1a1mg

Beach Fanatic
Mar 16, 2014
Lost in the world
Rattle snakes are much like other snakes. They want nothing to do with something that is so much larger than them. They normally only bite when cornered. Be noisy.

Water moccasins (Cottonmouth), can be aggressive, but usually only when you are in their space. Stay out of their space. If you are on water and one approaches your boat, move. They have been known to climb in. ;-)

Jim Boothe

Beach Comber
Mar 31, 2014
Thx guys. Appreciate the insight. This year we are staying over at Gulf Place. See ya in early April.