• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Supermom, Jdarg, IndigoJill, bobby j, etc, close your windows and turn over your outside water bowls. Looks like the nice cool open window weather has turned to a poison hazed closed window kind of evening.

Bob

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2004
O'Wal
You will be malaria free as a tumor the shape of Buddy Ebsen's head slowly grows from your neck.

We got a large waft (is that an oxymoron?) of the poison truck in NoWal on the way down to the beach last Friday. By the time we realized what the fog was coming from, it was too late to turn the AC on recycle. I tasted that stuff for an hour. Reminds me of when we lived in Gainesville. God, I hated being forced to breathe that stuff! Most of our friends then thought that white bread was toxic, so you can imagine how upset they were by the poison trucks!

supermom262

Beach Fanatic
Nov 5, 2006
Grayton Beach
You mean the WEE WOO MAN? Must have been what the dogs were barking at. I hope the windows were closed.

Indigo Jill

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2006
Point Washington
www.sowalscene.com
Supermom, Jdarg, IndigoJill, bobby j, etc, close your windows and turn over your outside water bowls. Looks like the nice cool open window weather has turned to a poison hazed closed window kind of evening.

I just hate that they spray - but it's the lessor of the two evils I suppose (yellow fever/malaria/etc. vs. spraying). Everytime I pick herbs we grow in our front yard, I think about the spraying.

For The Health Of It

Beach Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
I just hate that they spray - but it's the lessor of the two evils I suppose (yellow fever/malaria/etc. vs. spraying). Everytime I pick herbs we grow in our front yard, I think about the spraying.

Two questions??? 1) How many people in the US died from malaria, yellow fever, ext before spraying chemicals became common practice? 2) how many die of cancer caused by "unknown sources"?