• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

joho

Beach Fanatic
Aug 5, 2005
Question for the board:

Do you local SoWal residents think there are "too" many or "not enough" police officers employed by the county? :dunno:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
That depends on if the person being arrested is me, or if there are too many speeders trying to run me over.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I haven't ever felt a lack o' police presence, but I do frequently wonder about the fact that I am MUCH more likely to see a uniformed officer in a marked squad car working as "private security" than running a Sowal speed trap.

I still don't understand the whole "private security" issue. IMO you are either a uniformed cop on duty or you are out of uniform/squad car and acting as a private security guard. :dunno:

joho

Beach Fanatic
Aug 5, 2005
It seems as though I'm seeing more police patroling the streets lately.
They seem to be in packs. Maybe that's why I'm noticing them more.

sunspotbaby

SoWal Insider
Mar 31, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
They are never where you want them to be...like when you're sitting at a light waiting for the green and when you finally get it, you have to wait on 3 cars to finish running the red to get thru the intersection. :bang:

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
It is amazing that most of the posts in this thread assume that a deputy sheriff's primary duty is traffic. :roll:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I got pulled over for not wearing eye protection on my motorbike, and while the Deputy and I were talking, a guy in a loud truck, who was obviously speeding, passed three cars, on a double yellow. The deputy continued to write my ticket while he said, "I should go after HIM." I said, nothing, but I was thinking, "yes, you should."