• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Gingersnap

Beach Lover
Jul 23, 2016
Santa Rosa Beach
What happens when a vendor has used those public beaches for years to make a living for their family. So just shut them down? Fend for yourself? I know Jones had a son in the beach vending but I believe he got out of it. He had his company on orivate property. I think Mrs Jones knows most vendors are getting a raw deal. How would you like it if someone came to your job or business and shut you down because they didnt like it?

A raw deal? LOL! That's the cushiest deal in the country! If someone came to my business, located on privately owned property, that I paid for or that I hold the mortgage or lease on and set up rows of chairs blocking my customers path to my business, they would need the county swat team and an armored vehicle for protection. The chairs would look like match sticks and I couldn't guarantee the safety of the squatters.

We aren't talking about privately owned land. We are talking about publicly owned land that vendors have been literally given that was not legally the counties to give.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
What about the public that wishes to rent chairs?
Then let the public call one of the many vendors,arrange a deal, (I need 2 setups at such and such public beach access,on Sat.and Sun.) The vendor then meets customer,gets paid and puts the 2 setups (2chairs/1umbrella?for each?)on the beach. They then return that evening, pick up setups and repeat the following day. I am pretty sure how the chair vending business started years ago.....(might want to check with Chip (Beachchairs4u?) since he is the first person I can remember doing it around here.

Born&Bread

Beach Lover
Jul 31, 2016
Santa rosa beach
Then let the public call one of the many vendors,arrange a deal, (I need 2 setups at such and such public beach access,on Sat.and Sun.) The vendor then meets customer,gets paid and puts the 2 setups (2chairs/1umbrella?for each?)on the beach. They then return that evening, pick up setups and repeat the following day. I am pretty sure how the chair vending business started years ago.....(might want to check with Chip (Beachchairs4u?) since he is the first person I can remember doing it around here.
Ok so what if they go up for lunch? Empty set up = mad locals. If a vendor is setting up unrented chairs on public beach they need to be punished.

LarsAtTheBeach

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2008
What happens when a vendor has used those public beaches for years to make a living for their family. So just shut them down? Fend for yourself? I know Jones had a son in the beach vending but I believe he got out of it. He had his company on orivate property. I think Mrs Jones knows most vendors are getting a raw deal. How would you like it if someone came to your job or business and shut you down because they didnt like it?
I do not believe anyone has issue with the beach vending business. I actually think its a great business.

The issue is vendors operating on PUBLIC property.

And this does not single out the chair/umbrella vendors. I feel the same way about weddings or any special or large gathering.

It should not be happening on PUBLIC beach property.

Dreamer

Beach Lover
Dec 29, 2014
Northwest Georgia
jodiFL has it right! The only place vendors should be allowed to set-up without a rental is behind the big resorts (Sandestin). Otherwise, there should be no set-up without prior rental.

MRBS

Beach Lover
Jun 5, 2008
jodiFL has it right! The only place vendors should be allowed to set-up without a rental is behind the big resorts (Sandestin). Otherwise, there should be no set-up without prior rental.

Yes, agree. That's how it used to be in the early days...like around 2004 is the first time I ever heard of chair vending outside of resort.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Obviously all the people that go there every year love it. We live in a tourist town these things are going to happen. People come here on vacation and yes they want to rent beach chairs. They come down here have the time of their life and come back every year. They save up all year and come down here and spend it. This is how our economy works and expecially a county that needs tourist's money to operate. I hear Mexico Beach is a good nice quiet place and Navarre Beach.
Most people do not want to be forced to Rent chairs ....as always you reports are false..must be retired national news agency

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Ok so what if they go up for lunch? Empty set up = mad locals. If a vendor is setting up unrented chairs on public beach they need to be punished.
Well that's about 90% that needs punishment...TDC ain't gonna do that..to,lazy

Lucas Reynolds

Beach Lover
Aug 29, 2016
Santa Rosa Beach
In SC, from the sea oats out is public. And the owners share their front yards for visitors to park.
You are just another greedy ***.

M1 do you have any proof or facts of your claim? SC state statute? You made the claim that SC littoral private property with title to the MHWL is public from the vegetation line to the Atlantic. You have the burden of proof.
You can call me/people names but I'm not ignorant of the facts. Prove your claim. Your are entitled to your opinion but you are not entitle to your own facts.
Education of property rights is key. "The fewer the facts the stronger the opinion."