• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
Now on a more serious note. Some of us were talking last weekend, and the rule in nowal is you do not politick at all on Sundays. Hard to understand, but frowned upon. So taboo that I had to volunteer to ask, the others were scared to even mention it aloud.

But the culture being different in sowal, is it really so bad to try to do some canvassing, door-to-door work, on a Sunday afternoon? Gas being so high it is hard to justify driving down there for an hour or two after work in the afternoons.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I don't welcome unsolicited politicking any day of the week, so I am the wrong person to ask. :D

But it is an election year so a caveat to the candidates - if I get a prerecorded message on my phone from you, I will vote for your opponent!

If I get more than 5 prerecorded calls from you in a day, I will consider it harassment and call the po-po!

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
I don't welcome unsolicited politicking any day of the week, so I am the wrong person to ask. :D

But it is an election year so a caveat to the candidates - if I get a prerecorded message on my phone from you, I will vote for your opponent!

If I get more than 5 prerecorded calls from you in a day, I will consider it harassment and call the po-po!

I agree with you on the pre recorded calls. They are a nuisance. Just so darn cheap. But much rather have volunteers making personal calls.

I have been told repeatedly this year that to get off those lists, go vote and vote early. The RPOF is really going to try to work the voted lists and remove people from everything they do as soon as they see they voted. That will allow them a better opportunity to call those that have not voted more often.:lol:

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider

I agree with Scoots entire quote :clap:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Just say no. If any solicitor comes knocking on my door, he or she may die a slow death being eaten by Locusts and Georgia Thumpers, especially on Sunday. Grrrh!

Gypsea

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA; Watercolor
I agree with you on the pre recorded calls. They are a nuisance. Just so darn cheap. But much rather have volunteers making personal calls.

I have been told repeatedly this year that to get off those lists, go vote and vote early. The RPOF is really going to try to work the voted lists and remove people from everything they do as soon as they see they voted. That will allow them a better opportunity to call those that have not voted more often.:lol:

How come the Do Not Call lists don't work for politicos? :dunno: I'm a registered voter but that doesn't mean I want them to call me.

chrisv

Beach Fanatic
Nov 15, 2004
Freeport, Florida
Back to Robert's question: if I understood, he's asking about knocking on doors, the meet n greet type of politicking. I actually appreciate that type of politicking (but will quickly run-off a sales-person) because you get to meet the candidate one on one.

When I first moved here, I was mowing my lawn on a Sunday and was gently reminded by a now-deceased neighbor that Sundays were for worship and rest, not work. He was old-school. That is probably still the view north of I-10.

I think you'll find that most won't think twice about you canvassing neighborhoods on a Sunday in SoWal, but you may find that most are at the beach!