1. Summer's End Clearance Sale Everything 30-50% off at Moon Creek Gallery in Grayton Beach Plaza on 283! Your favorite SoWal Photo Prints, Matted Prints, Framed Prints, SoWal T-shirts & Hats.

Ponch Pushes the Panhandle!

Discussion in 'Real Estate' started by SHELLY, Dec 23, 2006.

1. SHELLY

SHELLY SoWal Insider

TooFarTampa,

This is for you Make sure to set up the TiVo: ;-)

The Panhandle will be featured in late-night infomercial with Eric Estrada pushing a development up north--

Eric Estrada Sighting

Will the first insomniac in the field who sees it report back to headquarters please?

:D

Last edited: Dec 23, 2006
  2. TooFarTampa

TooFarTampa SoWal Insider

Native of Tampa now in Boston 'burbs. Left my hear
    Shelly is that your idea of a Christmas gift?!?!

I'm assuming this is for me because I'm up at night with the baby, or is it because I need another reason to feel depressed about the ridiculousness in our state? Or maybe it's because I'm still mad that I lost those 15 minutes of my life reading all about the stupid land deals involved in those other Estrada infomercials?

I just can't believe this is true. Santa please bring us some normalcy. That's all I want.

3. OnMackBayou

OnMackBayou Beach Lover

It looks like Erik swallowed my grandmother.

4. SHELLY

SHELLY SoWal Insider

Normalcy is not an option in Florida...have a cup of eggnog and enjoy the holidays.

Check out the video on the right side of this website entitled:

Channel 7 News Panama City, Fl announcing land deal with NRPI

(Love the ending!)

[​IMG]

5. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

and enjoy the "normal" nice weather we are having. Temps around 70F degrees right now.

6. SHELLY

SHELLY SoWal Insider

My invitation got lost in the mail!!

[​IMG]

7. TooFarTampa

TooFarTampa SoWal Insider

Native of Tampa now in Boston 'burbs. Left my hear
    It's 80 here and very steamy. Not Christmasy at all. But I am looking forward to that abnormal weather for our visit to SoWal next week.

We will not be stopping by "SunnyHills" on the way in. :roll:

8. SHELLY

SHELLY SoWal Insider

That's probably a good idea...I'm sure the traffic and crowds will be horrendous--what with all the buyers who'll be snapping up these lots before all the land is gone. Unforturnately you'll miss out on the Ripple and Slim-Jim buffet. :cool:

9. 00seer00

00seer00 Beach Lover

10. SHELLY

SHELLY SoWal Insider

There's no shortage of people willing to part with their lots in Sunny Hills (Ads and quote [sic]):

"Sunny Hill's Lot. .Only $15K. Yes Only $15K with NO Closing Cost's! And No Fee's, NO Kidding! Please "Google" Sunny Hill's and see what the Realtor's want! Go to "Ebay" and see that they Charge YOU Fee's! Eric Estrada Advertise's for a Big Co. In Irvine, Calif. (NRL LLC)You may have seen him on T. V. My Lot is a 1/4 Acre just like his! Same Location. I am Desperate and I admit it. $15K Can't be beat!" (Tampa4Sale.com)

"$17,000, 1/4 acre home site in Florida's growth mecca; the Panhandle. This quarter acre property borders a huge chunk of land that was just purchased by a major developer in May, 2006. National Recreational Properties of Irvine California aqquired over $53million of land in sunny hills, and they plan to improve the area with new roads, utilities, and of course residential building. Not to mention their plans for a multi-million dollar ad campaign featuring their spokesman Erik Estrada." (Bostonbackpage.com)

"$27000 LAND FOR SALE IN PROMISING AREA OF FLORIDA. ATTENTION INVESTORS: Don't be to late!! Get involved now while you still can! Sunny Hills is the place to be. Just 20 min. North of Panama City Florida. CNN Money Magazine rates this area of Florida #1 to invest in. With all the growth coming in from the brand new international airport that will be larger than JFK, a theme park, you have National Recreational Properties purchasing 53 million dollars worth of property in Sunny Hills and much more. For those of you that don't no who National Recreational Properteis are, you might have seen them selling land on T.V with Erik Estrada. Why wouldn't you want to invest your money here!" (Miami Craigs List)

------------------------------
    And last, but not least, a Nov 22, 2006 (yes, 2006!) quote from a Realtor with Sunny Hills lots to sell (pulled off a message board):

"I think in two to three years when the airport is built and Animal Kingdom is in full swing, plus NRP will be selling lots next year for 40K, plus a 1/4 acre lot in Panama City is over 100k now....all that tells me that prices will be much higher in the coming years. Looking at what has happened in other parts of FL like Port St. Lucie..... I think prices will be somewhere between 50 and 60K for a standard 1/4 acre lot in Sunny Hills in 3 to 5 years. So if you buy now at 20 to 25k, you will see a return of 200 to 300 percent. No other investment I know of can give you that kind of return with very little risk.
    -------------------------------------
    (The calculator batteries must be running a bit low--or puffery running a bit too high....300% return??) :blink:
    --------------------------------------------

Keep partying like it's 2005! .:drink:

Rock out...Shel :D

11. Miss Kitty

Miss Kitty Meow

Hey SHELLY...do you have a CHIP on your shoulder or something? :D

12. SHELLY

SHELLY SoWal Insider

Who? ME??? ......HA!...when it comes to infomercials....Estrada can't hold a candle to Ron Popeil! I'd like to see Ponch sell a Chop-O-Matic!!

[​IMG]

13. Kurt Lischka

Kurt Lischka Admin Staff Member

Seems like a better idea than the Arkansas dirt.

14. spinDrAtl

spinDrAtl Beach Fanatic

I pass by Sunny Hills on my way to Seacrest. In fact, I am coming down on Thursday so maybe there will be an Eric sighting.

Although I wonder how he can take the time off from filming that new reality show where he is a REAL cop trainee cadet.

:rolling:

15. John R

John R needs to get out more

love how the local anchor cracks up as she mentiones that estrada is the shill.

16. 00seer00

00seer00 Beach Lover

17. 00seer00

00seer00 Beach Lover

18. 00seer00

00seer00 Beach Lover

Eric, my wife and youngest daughter. Man he has good hair, I think it's his.

19. SHELLY

SHELLY SoWal Insider

OMG :eek: Ponch is back in the Real Estate News again!

This time it's about the CCI and Coast Bank debacle down in South Florida--a BIG TIME investulator's rip-off story unwinding as we speak. Here's an excerpt:
    ----------------------

"Hatch, a Millersville, Pa., resident who works for Penske Truck Rentals, is asking himself the same thing.

A few years ago, he bought a property from Seashore Resorts in the Hilton Head, S.C., area. The house was built, rented out and continues to provide him with a steady income.

With that success in mind, Hatch agreed to invest in another speculative property, one that CCI was supposed to build at 5031 San Ignacio Drive in Sebring's Sun 'n Lakes Estates.

That golf resort is owned and operated by National Recreation Properties, the Irvine, Calif.-based company whose TV spokesman is former "CHiPS" star Erik Estrada. :cool:

Hatch signed the $265,000 contract for the Sebring home on Dec. 20, 2005, and made a $5,000 downpayment. Seashore arranged a Coast Bank construction loan administered by American Mortgage Link, a Tampa company with close ties to CCI, Seashore and Coast Bank.

Almost immediately, Hatch was "taken aback by how poor the communications were" between builder, lender and himself, the customer.

Unable to get the information that he had requested about the construction schedule, he became concerned as long ago as May 17, when he received a letter from American Mortgage Link's Andrew M. Houghton.

In the letter, Houghton wrote, "In order to keep interest payments being made by CCI builders to a minimum, a minimal initial draw was given to CCI Builders to initiate the permitting process on your pre-construction home."

"The builder will be requesting a supplemental draw from your lender, Coast Bank of Florida. This draw can only be granted with your signed authorization ... please return this signed document," Houghton wrote.

A wary Hatch did not sign or return the document.

On July 7, Hatch received another request from Houghton, this time marked "ASAP." Hatch ignored it again.

So he was stunned to find in December that his account at Coast was drawn down by $110,000.

"I was freaking out," said Hatch, describing himself as "having a mental block accepting" what had happened.

"I will be damned if I take a $110,000 loan for a $30,000 lot," Hatch said Wednesday. "I'll walk away, let the bank foreclose and take the hit to my credit."

A visit to the site today revealed that property consists of only a concrete slab."
    -------------------------------

20. 00seer00

00seer00 Beach Lover

Shelly

For a minute I thought you were blaming Ponch, looks like the builder in the area not NRPILand.com (Ponch). Do you ever post good news??