• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SandyFlamingo

Beach Comber
Aug 17, 2012
Anyone else having Mediacom internet problems? Poor signal and poor service. Been trying for days to get a technician to come take a look. Very frustrated. Am I the only one having issues?

agenthr

Beach Comber
Jul 11, 2013
Download an app called down detector and it gives you recent reports by carrier. You can use their twitter site to get a company rep on pretty easily as well.

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
Mediacom and Century Link STINK!!! :cuss:

I thought monopolies were against the law in this country!!!?????

On a related note, think of other companies that have monopolies on services - water and electric are two - think their quality is any better than a cable company?

m1a1mg

Beach Fanatic
Mar 16, 2014
Lost in the world
Weird, I'm in the Village at BMB and have had a great signal. I've found that the people on their support site get things fixed fairly quickly. I know I'm going to sound like an annoying tech support jerk, but have you reset everything to see if that helps? I have to reset my router and modem at least weekly. Something with the Mediacom signal.

https://support.mediacomcable.com/ then go to Support Forums.

SandyFlamingo

Beach Comber
Aug 17, 2012
Thanks everyone for all the suggestions, have tried everything. Our internet has been terrible for over two years now. Recently we had two service calls scheduled, no one showed up for either. Very frustrating, by the way if there is an outage in your area they will cancel your service appointment (that's what happened to us) once that outage is repaired, assuming that was your problem, even if that wasn't your problem, without even a phone call, text, or email. So you can wait on them all day! We have come to learn that a lot of people in the area are experiencing the same type of issues. We just finally gave up this trip and decided to try again in a couple of weeks when we return. I am sure we will get it resolved but it is definitely a challenge!

SW

Beach Comber
Jun 16, 2014
I've had all of described problems for 3 years.
* Bad signal
* Poor customer support.
* VERY RUDE old lady in their office (commercial parkway. There is new one though - young and nice).
* Changing prices.
With all of their poor service the most frustrated thing was about prices. As you basically have electronic agreement there is no way to argue with them.
After my 1-st promotional year they raised the price even more then it was promised. Despite I had a pink copy with all the new prices for 2-nd year (I moved my service, so had one in hands) they said it was for moving month only and it doesn't show the contract price. For the 3-rd year they told me "Your 1-st promotional year is ending and we raise the price"
:D. But as it was end of 2 year agreement, I decided to pay month-to-month only and we found affordable price for me. Any way by the end of the year they started to raise the price again claiming 1.5-2 additional bucks each month. Suports said it was for modem cause it's not free any more, for WI-FI(!!!!) which I had from my own router and other kinds of sh*t.
The bad thing is that you have to choose between MdC and CL, as they're monopolists in the area. For sure they have better service and prices in the area where they have to conquer with other companies. Was very happy to return their parts back to office and get rid of them.
Wish you a good luck and patience with those guys...

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
If Sprint were better here we'd just get a wireless router from them and use 4G.

mbo222

Beach Comber
Oct 23, 2009
Regular Mediacom: Horrendous. I once had to block the cable tech from leaving my driveway because they simply wouldn't fix the problem and kept beating around the bush. Finally got St Joe Watersound uppers involved to get cable to the house for a service that is included in HOA fees!!!!

I will say that I switched to mediacom business class for my internet last year..whole different experience. Service w/in 24h and pleasant. yes its more expensive, but at least here you get what you pay for.