• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
I was thinking that perhaps if anyone has any post Opal pictures of the area it would be a comfort to us to see how far we came after she came ashore? I know it would help me to deal with the devasation of the area as it is right now. I do not know the history of Opal and what damage was caused in that area. Can any of the locals give us a history lesson?

And while I am at it. I just want all of you locals out there who have lost your homes completely, or are dealing with damage, that I for one am thinking of you and sending good vibes your way.

DBOldford

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Napa Valley, CA
Opal washed out the old Conch Out, one of the original Butler cottage structures. The Conch Out sign hanging on the ground floor of the new Conch Out was recovered from that old house. We would really love to have prints of any existing photos of the old house, if anyone has them. Also, a lady who works at or owns one of the rental/management companies found an dresser from the old Conch Out and refinished it after the storm. If you are that lady and read this, would you be willing to return that piece of furniture to its namesake home for a fair or even a handsome price?