• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Shelah

Beach Comber
Jul 27, 2016
Miramar beach
Edgewater has a potential health and definitely a safety issue with a drainage pond built on their property. I personally counted 2 snakes swimming in the pond/fountain/drainage ditch. It is a mosquito breeding paradise. Moreso the potential for a child to roll down the grade and into the mess is definitely a safety issue. A toddler could drown and all homeowners at Edgewater would be liable. It is a mystery to me why the owners at Edgewater can't see their potential liability in this matter. Obviously the owners know nothing abt this and have allowed their management team build such a health and safety issue on their property. At one time the EPA demanded changes be made but now it's turned into a health and safety issue. The homeowners should look into this matter and get it resolved before something dreadful happens to a child. Then it will be too late.
Shelahimage.jpeg

Suzanne Harris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 19, 2008
Edgewater has a potential health and definitely a safety issue with a drainage pond built on their property. I personally counted 2 snakes swimming in the pond/fountain/drainage ditch. It is a mosquito breeding paradise. Moreso the potential for a child to roll down the grade and into the mess is definitely a safety issue. A toddler could drown and all homeowners at Edgewater would be liable. It is a mystery to me why the owners at Edgewater can't see their potential liability in this matter. Obviously the owners know nothing abt this and have allowed their management team build such a health and safety issue on their property. At one time the EPA demanded changes be made but now it's turned into a health and safety issue. The homeowners should look into this matter and get it resolved before something dreadful happens to a child. Then it will be too late.
ShelahView attachment 61298

Patriot Games

Beach Lover
Aug 28, 2014
Another troll from the "I hate Mrs. Harris fan club"! Nice to meet you.

Want to see a real swamp and documented mosquito pit, just visit my sister in Driftwood after a rain.

Suzanne Harris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 19, 2008
The above picture was taken from Grand Dunes our neighbors. Our owners know all about this pond. As President of Edgewater I am also aware an owner in your building reported us to the DEP and they found our pond to be in COMPLIANCE. I have also met with your board President Tom Boren and we had worked out a plan until one of your owners decided to right ugly e mails to your board and to the DEP.

LarsAtTheBeach

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2008
Actually, a child probably has a better chance of drowning in that large body of water to the south of that retrntion pond.

image.jpg

LarsAtTheBeach

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2008
Want to see a real swamp and documented mosquito pit, just visit my sister in Driftwood after a rain.
Florida is covered in swamp and lakes and ponds and bugs and snakes and gators.
People want Florida but want the unnatural fantasy Florida.
You want that, go to Disney...err, oh wait. :lol:

Patriot Games

Beach Lover
Aug 28, 2014
I don't expect Disney.....But like most active people on this forum, I do expect officials to enforce the standards that have been adopted by law upon both homeowners and developers alike, evenly, fairly and according to the law. Unfortunately developers have gotten a "pass" at all of our expense and now you see the result. We need change NOW and infrastructure now before more development. Get a clue dude! Hey officials "FOLLOW THE PLAN" and quit changing it every time you don't want to follow it.

Shelah

Beach Comber
Jul 27, 2016
Miramar beach
First, I'm not your neighbor and I don't know Suzanne Harris. People certainly assume a lot when responding to these emails. I don't think Suzanne Harris owns Edgewater resort but if she does she stands open to a lot of liability. If I was the owner I would be fixing the issue instead of blasting people for bringing it to someone's attention. I don't appreciate people going into my personal profile and adding info to my account either. I've always heard Walton county was crooked from the core and now I see that's true.