• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
People that abandon their pets, make me nuts!:bang::bang::bang: A coworker knows of a little Chihuahua in her neighborhood, that the people have abandoned! It's surviving on garbage and whatever it can find!:sosad: She lives in the Niceville, FL area, which is north of Destin. I've rescued and found homes for many furry friends and have to help this baby, somehow! If I met those idiots, I believe that I might end up, in the poky!!!

I spoke with my coworker tonight and she said that it's been in their driveway, tonight. The baby is light brown and she's not sure if it's a male, or female. The little thing wouldn't let my coworker near it, tonight! It acts like people have been, running it off! The idiot family that abandoned her was breeding them, for bucks! Guess the baby's usefulness, was up! Honestly, I can't imagine living in that area, knowing that there was a helpless baby out there, fending for itself!

I can't get an exact address, only that it's on Howard (Maybe St) in Villa Tasso, near Robert Ave, in Niceville. Please, can't someone help, this little lost soul!:love: From what I'm understanding, the baby's been on it's own, about two weeks! She first realized it was out there, when it was in her garbage can!:sosad::sosad::sosad:

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
People that abandon their pets, make me nuts!:bang::bang::bang: A coworker knows of a little Chihuahua in her neighborhood, that the people have abandoned! It's surviving on garbage and whatever it can find!:sosad: She lives in the Niceville, FL area, which is north of Destin. I've rescued and found homes for many furry friends and have to help this baby, somehow! If I met those idiots, I believe that I might end up, in the poky!!!

I spoke with my coworker tonight and she said that it's been in their driveway, tonight. The baby is light brown and she's not sure if it's a male, or female. The little thing wouldn't let my coworker near it, tonight! It acts like people have been, running it off! The idiot family that abandoned her was breeding them, for bucks! Guess the baby's usefulness, was up! Honestly, I can't imagine living in that area, knowing that there was a helpless baby out there, fending for itself!

I can't get an exact address, only that it's on Howard (Maybe St) in Villa Tasso, near Robert Ave, in Niceville. Please, can't someone help, this little lost soul!:love: From what I'm understanding, the baby's been on it's own, about two weeks! She first realized it was out there, when it was in her garbage can!:sosad::sosad::sosad:

I am assuming she has been feeding this poor thing since she saw it in her garbage can? Has she been able to put food and water out on her porch and go back inside and the dog come to it? I sure hope so. She just needs to try and gain its trust a little each day, maybe it will come to her eventually.

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Honestly, I'm not sure, she's off tda!!But, I'm gonna call her. Keep u postd!

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
BUMP! Still trying to get this baby, off of the streets! I didn't hear from coworker, to know if it's still around, or, been given food/water! Please, someone, help it!

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
My boss just rescued a cute older female Chihuahua off the road in the middle of Sandestin (98!). Couldnt find anyone to do anything about it (1am) but he cant take care of since he has a HUGE Dobie. If anyone hears anything about someone willing to take in an old lady that has an awesome demeanor, plz post here.

ABCaldwell

Beach Lover
Jun 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach Fl.
Suggestion!

Have they tried to find the Chihuahua's, family? Please, make sure that they take it to a vet, PAWS, or Alaqua, to be scanned, for a microchip. Also, get them to ck petfinder.com, where you can post ads for "missing & found, pets"! Make sure that they ck the area papers, to look for a "lost" pet ad, too! I reunited a Jack Russell, that way!:clap:
My boss just rescued a cute older female Chihuahua off the road in the middle of Sandestin (98!). Couldnt find anyone to do anything about it (1am) but he cant take care of since he has a HUGE Dobie. If anyone hears anything about someone willing to take in an old lady that has an awesome demeanor, plz post here.

Lulu

Beach Lover
Jan 7, 2008
Blue Mt. Beach
Have they tried to find the Chihuahua's, family? Please, make sure that they take it to a vet, PAWS, or Alaqua, to be scanned, for a microchip. Also, get them to ck petfinder.com, where you can post ads for "missing & found, pets"! Make sure that they ck the area papers, to look for a "lost" pet ad, too! I reunited a Jack Russell, that way!:clap:

any news on th HUA??

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
This has been, sooo frustrating! My coworker is now telling me, that she thinks the Chihuahua belongs to someone! And that it roams with other small dogs! I also feel that my coworker, may wish that she hadn't told me, about the baby! I can't imagine knowing that this was going on and NOT doing something! I've had too much going on, to go to Niceville. I've posted the area where it's been seen, is anyone able to ck it out? I've been off last few days, but, with car repair issues, couldn't go to Niceville. I'll ck with coworker and update, tomorrow.

sisters4

Beach Lover
Jul 19, 2005
You are all the best people to watch out for this little baby. I wish I lived down there. We have the same thing where I live from time to time. My wish is that there is a special place in you know where for people who ignore, do not take care of and abuse animals. Do you have a no kill shelter down there that it can be taken to? I asked this before about another animal.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
There are a few, but they're usually chronically full, and you need DoD connections to get access to Pet Welfare on Eglin, which is most likely to have space available.