• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

surferjoet

Beach Lover
Mar 21, 2009
SRB
August 26th at 8 a.m. is the correct date and time of grand opening. Store hours are 7a.m. till 10 p.m. except on grand opening day.

Gidget

Beach Fanatic
May 27, 2009
Blue Mtn Beach!!
I've always appreciated the fact that Publix is employee owned. :D

With the rise of Wal-Mart, smaller supermarkets across America have struggled to compete. But not Publix Super Markets, which recently opened its 900th store, in Murfreesboro, Tennessee, and is defying Wal-Mart's market-share success in food sales. Publix is America's largest privately owned grocery chain, with revenues in 2006 of $21.7 billion, up 5% from 2005, and net profits of $1.1 billion, up 11%. Publix has a market share of more than 40% in Florida, its home state, and it is taking business from Wal-Mart and others as it expands into Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee and South Carolina. It has a competitive edge over Wal-Mart because it is strong in precisely the areas where Wal-Mart is vulnerable.
Take customer satisfaction, for example. Publix has ranked number one out of supermarkets on the American Consumer Satisfaction Index, published by the University of Michigan, since it began 14 years ago, whereas Wal-Mart ranks last. Publix employees have a reputation for going out of their way to please customers?testimony to the motivational power of employee ownership, perhaps. Publix employees put your shopping into bags, take it to the car and refuse tips?unless you offer more than once. They own 31% of the firm through an employee share-ownership plan, making Publix the largest employee-owned company in America.?

This will be 3 miles from our house! :D:D

G

Dia

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2008
www.imagesbydia.com
A yarn/craft/bead store or a shoe store would be great!

and a LUSH store.
th_emote_bath.gif

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
I'm betting you used the Publix on Thomasville close to I-10? I remember the beautiful hand painted tile mural in the lobby. Those were standard back in the day. Free cookie in the bakery for kids and of course sample day. Hobbit Hoggie's was right next door. Ahh memories.

It is funny the cult following that Publix has in the south. Of course people don't quite understand it until they've gone.

I have gone and I do understand. Love me some Publix. I wish they'd come to Texas.