• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
Oh My Gosh! Drove home from all the days activities and passed WaterColor Publix and the parking lot was FULL at 5 p.m.!! Didn't know it was already time for us locals to get into our combat grocery shopping mode. I thought the traffic was heavy on the way down 331 from DeFunk today. Spring has arrived in SoWal.

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
Grand Boulevard Pubix was packed, too. And Wal-Mart yesterday definitely sported a younger demographic. Yep, spring has sprung. By the way, love the "combat grocery shopping. " Very apropos. :lol:

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Hey Miss Critter. Crazy mix going on right now. I know a number of our Snowbird friends have extended their stays through April. With the Spring Break crowd coming in, there will be some narrow windows of opportunity to be out and about. Actually, love the change. We'll be out and about and enjoy the dynamics.

Last edited:

sisters4

Beach Lover
Jul 19, 2005
I have a question. We come there every April. I am getting to book a reservation. Last April we lucked out and came the week after most of the spring breakers were there. What would you say the optimum week would be for that? I love what Dunelaker said. To be out and about and enjoy the dynamics is so much fun. One more thing, as long as I have been coming there I have never been there in the summer. What is it like? A waitress at a local restaurant told me that the locals call if the "100 days of hell." Is that true? Love it down there and you that live there are so lucky.

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
I have a question. We come there every April. I am getting to book a reservation. Last April we lucked out and came the week after most of the spring breakers were there. What would you say the optimum week would be for that? I love what Dunelaker said. To be out and about and enjoy the dynamics is so much fun. One more thing, as long as I have been coming there I have never been there in the summer. What is it like? A waitress at a local restaurant told me that the locals call if the "100 days of hell." Is that true? Love it down there and you that live there are so lucky.

Ahhh. Middlesister. The joy is in the finesse. I love every day in SoWal. Even when there are 100,000 extra people in SoWal, you can find that crowd and excitement if that is what you are seeking. Or, there are also miles of beach, trails and special dining opportunities that are peaceful and tranquil. With 26 miles of beach, secluded beaches or open and accessible public parks, you can find a place and a time to park your self on our spectacular sand and look out across the gulf and pretend no one else is there. There are also times to go to Publix that are preferred by locals. Need to look up that old chart.

Last edited:

sisters4

Beach Lover
Jul 19, 2005
When you say "breakers" are you talking about your usual college kids? I can't believe they come to Watercolor. I would think they would be way East in Panama City. It is so much fun to hear what goes on down there. By the way how is the weather?

sisters4

Beach Lover
Jul 19, 2005
I love what Dune Laker has to say about the area. I agree that the joy is in the finesse wherever you live. Well said. Do you work for the Chamber of Commerce? What does "need to look up that old chart" mean? One more thing, where do you fit 100,000 extra people? Yikes!