• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
PA250049.JPG

Here are just a few jackolanterns from tonight's Pumpkin Party. ;-) Much fun was had by all.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Those are the pumpkins I wish I could carve- but no pumpkin talent here. A person has to be rather gutsty to wield a carving knife in that artistic way- and I would probably cut off most, if not all , of my fingers. Plus we have some famous hand surgeons here that always are preaching about the dangers of carving (although I'm sure they like the business).

One year I attempted a peace sign. I ended up with a big round hole. :dunno:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
jdarg said:
Those are the pumpkins I wish I could carve- but no pumpkin talent here. A person has to be rather gutsty to wield a carving knife in that artistic way- and I would probably cut off most, if not all , of my fingers. Plus we have some famous hand surgeons here that always are preaching about the dangers of carving (although I'm sure they like the business).

One year I attempted a peace sign. I ended up with a big round hole. :dunno:

We use the pumpkin knives for carving. They are little tools, like mini saws without sharp teeth, instead of actual knives. They work extremely well and are very kid friendly.

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
I've been contemplating using an old piece of junk jigsaw I have to carve my pumpkins this year. I hope I don't electrocute myself.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Landlocked said:
I've been contemplating using an old piece of junk jigsaw I have to carve my pumpkins this year. I hope I don't electrocute myself.

The little pumpkin carving tools will work much better. I bet you can find them at WallyWorld.

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
Smiling JOe said:
The little pumpkin carving tools will work much better. I bet you can find them at WallyWorld.

We have those little saw things and they do work great, until Landlocked snaps them off! I had an idea last year to use a set of those little exacto knives and they work great to clean up your work. We'll be carving tonight! :clap_1:

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
SJ, is there anything you CAN'T do? The pumpkins are great!!!!!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
kathydwells said:
SJ, is there anything you CAN'T do? The pumpkins are great!!!!!

I don't know about "can't do." It is just that I have "yet to do" so much. The things which I do, I do not necessarily do well, but I am not scared to give it a shot. We are all capable of doing anything. ;-) Oh, I just thought of something of which I always fail -- telling the punch line of a joke. I fizzle out, and make up the end, which never works.

OhioBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
MidWest OH
Smiling JOe said:
I don't know about "can't do." It is just that I have "yet to do" so much. The things which I do, I do not necessarily do well, but I am not scared to give it a shot. We are all capable of doing anything. ;-) Oh, I just thought of something of which I always fail -- telling the punch line of a joke. I fizzle out, and make up the end, which never works.
(Jokes) a failing I share... ;-) I like your attitude - have pretty much the same, though there are some things (besides jokes) I've discovered - after no small number of attempts - that I'm apparently not wired properly for... :D

katie blue

kt loo
Mar 11, 2005
in perpetual motion
I won a pumpkin carving contest when I was little. I made a Jimmy Carter pumpkin. I was a weird kid. (yes i know, not much has changed..)