• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Restaurants are working hard to completely change the way they operate while serving the community. Our first responders, health care nurses, doctors and staff... Grocery store staff, and many essential workers are on the job. While we need to stay home and allow our community a chance to survive this as quickly as possible, we still need food. And so do our first responders and others continuing to provide essential services.

PURCHASE GIFT CARDS FROM RESTAURANTS and donate them, carefully, to those who are working hard in our community. Support local restaurants. Pay for food for front line people in our community.

How about purchasing a couple of gift cards and giving them to our sheriffs or health care workers. They are risking their lives for us by being out there keeping things in order and taking care of the sick while they have loved ones to take care of feed and worry about back at home. They could use the card for themselves or to pick up to go food to take home to their families.

Thanks to forum member @outofadream for posting this idea in our business forum.

We're all in this together.

DanaMarie

Beach Comber
Jun 22, 2016
Point Washington
I think this is a wonderful idea. I love the fact that you actually get a double impact. One to the local business, another to an individual in the community. I am definitely going to do this. Thank you @outofadream for the idea and to Teresa for starting this thread.