• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

dragonflycafe

Beach Lover
Apr 17, 2009
Getting the flag texts every day and just wondering if the purple is for jellies or sharks? Also wondering about the June grass conditions around RB/Seacrest? The pics from the Rags to Riches Regatta looked beautiful! Thanks!

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
The flags went up at Seaside Wed. June 18th when we were there. Lots of terrible little bites. LOTS of little jelly fish. I couldn't see them until we got closer to shore. So little. Got in and right back out. Then the flag went up. Hope they are gone soon. We return in a couple of weeks. :) Ellen

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
I haven't seen any or been stung in the last two weeks. Once they put that flag up they are reluctant to take it down. It's best to ask people coming out of the water and also use your own eyes. There might be some somewhere in the county - it's a lot of beach - but not where you are, and it can change from day to day. It's amazing how there can be lots of jellyfish one day and the next, all gone. Likewise the June grass, moves around every day.
As far as sharks go, you are more likely to be struck by lightning. Not that they are not around, but they aren't generally interested in people.

runnerrrgirl1

Beach Lover
Feb 21, 2012
Seagrove Beach FL
NotDeadYet is right on. We live in Seagrove and were on the beach yesterday. Purple flag flying. We encountered a couple of small (half of your fist size) pink jelly fish. We heard people went to the second sand bar saying jelly fish were everywhere.

dragonflycafe

Beach Lover
Apr 17, 2009
Oh, I'm not overly afraid of sharks. I was just wondering because of the mass of them off of Pensacola a few days ago. I'm aware I'm in their home!

Bluznbeach

Beach Lover
Jul 11, 2005
www.davidsswan.com
My wife and I only saw one small jellyfish last week...BUT a stingray motored right between us in the shallow water at Inlet Beach. They're around often. Always watch where you step and shuffle your feet when you're walking in the water!

jwf67

Beach Crab
Jun 4, 2013
There were several sand rays in the seagrove west beach area on wednesday and thursday. They were travelling in and around the june grass areas where the small fish were .