• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

flyaagal

Beach Crab
Jan 18, 2010
I would like to get information/pictures about the Village of Blue Mountain Santa Rosa Beach. I'm thinking of buying a condo from out of state and would like to get locals ideas on the development. Is it nice or run down? Does the development have any issues a buyer should know about. Really how close is the beach, could you walk/bike?

Thanks for your help.

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
I would like to get information/pictures about the Village of Blue Mountain Santa Rosa Beach. I'm thinking of buying a condo from out of state and would like to get locals ideas on the development. Is it nice or run down? Does the development have any issues a buyer should know about. Really how close is the beach, could you walk/bike?

Thanks for your help.

Locally it has an odd reputation as no one can really get a good read on it. But..... when the price gets right the buyers seem to look past that. Right now there are many properties that seem to be priced very well. Lots as low as $25,000. The construction of the condos seem to be fair. Take a good look at the association to be sure it is stable. You could possibly walk but think it would be a better bike ride. It is not my best choice but price could persuade me.

Find a Realtor to help guide you. ;-)

shellak

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008

Thanks for your help.

i live in a subdivision next door to this one and walk my dog through there daily. i think it is the scourge of 30a. the sidewalks are collapsing in places. the signage was done by one of their handyman with stick on letters so of course, everything now is peeling off. we've noticed during season the pool bar/food area is never open. i know the developers have been foreclosed on a number of their properties. if i were a betting woman, i would guess not many people are paying their homeowners dues with the property value disaster. often trees come down during windy days because they are not planted deep enough. as you can tell, i am not a fan of this place. there is a 1 bedroom home for sale, foreclosed on from the developers, that is 119,900. my husband remarked he might consider buying it if it was in another development!

Desso

Beach Lover
Feb 8, 2008
I wouldn't go so far as "scourge of 30A", but the property is a bit down at the heels. Look at some other properties and get a knowledgeable realtor. There are plenty of both in this area. Good luck.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Even if you can look past the issues that shellak brings up, I would definitely wait until after the Supreme Court ruling regarding beaches. That development was in the middle of the public/private issue with regards to the Inn at Blue Mountain Beach.

sullygromo

Beach Lover
Jan 22, 2008
We asked the same questions a year ago

when we were looking for a long term rental. We got the same exact answers from the same people. In fact, b/c of Shellaks comments (which were identical to what she is saying here), we nearly didnt even bother with the Village.

In the end, we decided to move in here , and we love it. The people here are great, the beach is close (agree w/ Bobby...you can walk but a bike is easier). The pool is kept in great shape. The tiki bar was not open at all last summer as they hadnt anticipated much tourist traffic. It will be open this summer. Yes, trees come down, but they are always replaced right away. I would check the state of the HOA just like Id check it anywhere else in this area, but I can tell you from personal experience that we have had no isuue with things not getting done.

As for the beach/privacy issues, we have seen zero problems. We use the public access which is right up the street. If I were you, Id try to talk to people who actually live here....just my opinion. Good luck!

shellak

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
when we were looking for a long term rental. We got the same exact answers from the same people. In fact, b/c of Shellaks comments (which were identical to what she is saying here), we nearly didnt even bother with the Village.

In the end, we decided to move in here , and we love it. The people here are great, the beach is close (agree w/ Bobby...you can walk but a bike is easier). The pool is kept in great shape. The tiki bar was not open at all last summer as they hadnt anticipated much tourist traffic. It will be open this summer. Yes, trees come down, but they are always replaced right away. I would check the state of the HOA just like Id check it anywhere else in this area, but I can tell you from personal experience that we have had no isuue with things not getting done.

As for the beach/privacy issues, we have seen zero problems. We use the public access which is right up the street. If I were you, Id try to talk to people who actually live here....just my opinion. Good luck!

everyone has their own level of what they can live with. if i'm paying good money for a piece of property, i want consistent and quality maintenance. i am not the only one who feels negatively about the subdivision. actually, we put a deposit on a condo in that subdivision when the first set of developers owned it, based on what we read in a brochure. when we came down here to see it, we were not impressed with the quality of construction in redfish on the beach side and did not like that this development was supposed to be all one but was split by 30a. we ended up getting our deposit back and bought a lot elsewhere and couldn't be happier. since i've walked through the village daily, i have noticed the flawed construction. if you look at the condos that border the street where the cart path is, some have a step, some two steps, some none, which makes no sense. also, the arbors they built are coming apart. someone almost got hit from a large piece that fell from the one by the cart path. the "pots" that hold flowers by the pool..the ones by the arbor are homemade, made out of wood that will soon rot. this subdivision had a lot of potential but the infrastructure was built on the cheap. i also cannot comprehend the 3 story houses that are very narrow and have heard quite a few people comment on them. if you are just looking at price, it might be a good place to start looking but i would question the maintenance. i don't want my streets and sidewalks crumbling, and they are in this place.

shellak

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
It is so terrible, yet she walks through there on a daily basis :roll:.

i'm sorry that's the only thing you can get out of my comments but i walk through there every day because it is a place to cut through to get to where i walk and to walk my dog. by the way, i actually pick up my dog's feces, unlike a lot of others who go through there...my neighbor couldn't believe how much was lying along the grassy areas in the village the other day! just because i walk through an area doesn't mean i want to reside there. how about some common sense? oh, well...i guess i'm not entitled to an opinion.

shellak

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
:wave:
It is so terrible, yet she walks through there on a daily basis :roll:.

i'm sorry that's the only thing you can get out of my comments but i walk through there every day because it is a place to cut through to get to where i walk and to walk my dog. by the way, i actually pick up my dog's feces, unlike a lot of others who go through there...my neighbor couldn't believe how much was lying along the grassy areas in the village the other day! just because i walk through an area doesn't mean i want to reside there. how about some common sense? oh, well...i guess i'm not entitled to an opinion.