• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

br549

Beach Comber
Apr 2, 2008
OH NO, we have set him off. Is this where you start foaming at the mouth and show your teeth? If all you can find is public record to bash MA and try to discredit him, you have a long and empty road ahead of you.

And who is one sided here, YOU have no room to talk about anyone else being one sided.

swampfox

Beach Lover
Sep 22, 2008
oh no, we have set him off. Is this where you start foaming at the mouth and show your teeth? If all you can find is public record to bash ma and try to discredit him, you have a long and empty road ahead of you.

and who is one sided here, you have no room to talk about anyone else being one sided.

ok I never said anything about discrediting MA. I said I will state the reasons why I do not support him and back them with my findings. Those are your words

Last edited:

swampfox

Beach Lover
Sep 22, 2008
Sounds like to me your speaking from experience about Pat Thomas training. I bet you finished first in your class too....lol. Careful, Careful...some of use know more than you think.

I never attended PT as a student and I am proud to say that, you know it "being one of the finest law enforcement academies in the nation and all" - That’s a real chuckle. Although I bet a monkey could graduate top of the class there, I have not. But I have been on the campus, be careful some of us may think we know more then we actually do. LOL I must be making you really nervous with all my fact finding that you are so intent of finding me out. That makes me happy. Tell you what, why don’t you stop all this bulling. Just because I’m not backing your guy, If it was the other way around we would be best friends on here. I separate myself because I choose to back up my opinion with paper and that makes you mad, so you use threats. Seems to me some on here like to make up lies and rumors but can not back it up or support it. I stated my findings and was able to explain why I felt the way I did. I start talking about following the money trail and you begin to drop threats "be careful who’s toes I step on". Here is some advice for you now, be careful who you try to bully because he may not be scared of you. I’m not upset with you or have any ill feelings towards you. But I won't let you push me around. I really do wish for you and your candidate the best. I will however continue to support my opinion on this forum. By all means please support your candidate and state your opinions. But do not attempt to intimidate me for doing the same because that just makes you a bully.

Last edited:

br549

Beach Comber
Apr 2, 2008
You are certainly correct on some points Fox, this back and forth is pointless and not getting anything accomplish other than getting everyones back up...And I will be the first to admit I am guilty of it myself...so for that I apologize.

Its gotten to the point we are so concerned with trying to figure out who each other are, that we have missed the whole reason for being here.

I support my choice for sheriff for the same reasons you do, because I think he is the best man for the job.....In less than a month we shall see how the voters of the county feel about the issue....I am quite sure that neither of the candidates would be very impressed with are conduct on here...

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
You guys know that with all the back and forth I was just attempting to find a candidate to support. To be honest it was difficult because of all the BS being slung. I have heard from neither candidate on here and one of the candidates supporters says he will post on here. Unfortunately if he does not, based on the trash that is sometimes posted, I would understand. He may want to buy newspaper ads. As it stands I may not vote for either one. So if the supporters of DG and MA were attempting to turn the voters off I think you have succeeded with me.

swampfox

Beach Lover
Sep 22, 2008
You are certainly correct on some points Fox, this back and forth is pointless and not getting anything accomplish other than getting everyones back up...And I will be the first to admit I am guilty of it myself...so for that I apologize.

Its gotten to the point we are so concerned with trying to figure out who each other are, that we have missed the whole reason for being here.

I support my choice for sheriff for the same reasons you do, because I think he is the best man for the job.....In less than a month we shall see how the voters of the county feel about the issue....I am quite sure that neither of the candidates would be very impressed with are conduct on here...

See that we agree on something. We are really lucky to have two wonderful canidates running locally. :bang: Man I can really hate myself some times. I was just sick of all the attacks on DG I figured I would fight fire with fire. My apoligies to the readers. MA and DG are both wonderful and either one deserves your support.

Last edited:

Lovebirds

Beach Comber
Sep 17, 2008
Now back to commenting on the debate....

Alright, I listened to the debate between Griffith and Adkinson and my first thought is that Griffith lost the respect he might have had from the hard working deputies and employees of the SO. Griffith repeatedly said he wanted to bring back professionalism and integrity to the Sheriff?s Office and the deputies. Well this shows that he doesn?t even know what?s going on within the Sheriff?s Office?the vast majority of deputies within the department are professional and have integrity!! Where the professionalism and integrity needs to be restored is in the Office of the Sheriff (i.e. the Sheriff himself) and in other command positions! Mr. Griffith wouldn?t say that, now would he? That would be bashing his buddy RJ, who he wants to pull in support from. When given the opportunity, Mr. Griffith did not even attempt to distinguish himself from RJ.

Mr. Griffith said that he wants more community oriented policing and wants the deputies to know the citizens in their zones?well guess what Mr. Griffith, deputies know the citizens of Walton County! I know this concept might be difficult for a State Trooper to understand but Sheriff Deputies work in communities and over time they get to know the community they work in. They patrol neighborhoods and talk to the people out in their yards, at local businesses, on the beach, in parks, and in the schools. They give out their personal cell phone numbers and work overtime (that they do not get paid for) to help the citizens and visitors of Walton County!

On the other hand, Mr. Adkinson addressed the real problems such as poor management of finances and restructuring the agency. Mr. Adkinson recognizes that the SO is community oriented . He is looking to the future and wants the department to move forward with proper training. Mr. Adkinson gracefully distinguished himself from his family and focused on the real issues. Clearly, Mr. Adkinson has the experience and track record to prove that he is capable of running the WCSO!

swampfox

Beach Lover
Sep 22, 2008
Alright, I listened to the debate between Griffith and Adkinson and my first thought is that Griffith lost the respect he might have had from the hard working deputies and employees of the SO. Griffith repeatedly said he wanted to bring back professionalism and integrity to the Sheriff’s Office and the deputies. Well this shows that he doesn’t even know what’s going on within the Sheriff’s Office…the vast majority of deputies within the department are professional and have integrity!! Where the professionalism and integrity needs to be restored is in the Office of the Sheriff (i.e. the Sheriff himself) and in other command positions! Mr. Griffith wouldn’t say that, now would he? That would be bashing his buddy RJ, who he wants to pull in support from. When given the opportunity, Mr. Griffith did not even attempt to distinguish himself from RJ.

Mr. Griffith said that he wants more community oriented policing and wants the deputies to know the citizens in their zones…well guess what Mr. Griffith, deputies know the citizens of Walton County! I know this concept might be difficult for a State Trooper to understand but Sheriff Deputies work in communities and over time they get to know the community they work in. They patrol neighborhoods and talk to the people out in their yards, at local businesses, on the beach, in parks, and in the schools. They give out their personal cell phone numbers and work overtime (that they do not get paid for) to help the citizens and visitors of Walton County!

On the other hand, Mr. Adkinson addressed the real problems such as poor management of finances and restructuring the agency. Mr. Adkinson recognizes that the SO is community oriented . He is looking to the future and wants the department to move forward with proper training. Mr. Adkinson gracefully distinguished himself from his family and focused on the real issues. Clearly, Mr. Adkinson has the experience and track record to prove that he is capable of running the WCSO!

is that so.......... Is that why Mr. Griffith had to talk the deputies and EMS into an adress that they were unable to locate. DG wasnt even on scene or responding but he was still able to talk that in from shere memory of just the persons name. Seems to me that a State Trooper knows the citizens better then alot of the deputies. Now Im not saying the deputies do a poor job, but there is room for improvment givin that topic. And Mr. Griffith doesnt bash anyone to include RJ, MA, or anyone else for that matter, he is a more take the reigns and get this thing right type person not a whiney name bashing, blame game type so you hold this as a negative? He doesnt bash people. I liked how Mr. Griffith empisized on a stronger focus on drug enforcment. Burglary is a huge problem, and the best way hands down is some hard core drug enforcment. And when it comes to bringing back professionalism and INTEGRITY there is no better man for the job. I dare you to ask a few people to describe DG in a few words and those two words Profesionalism and Integrity will come out of everyones mouth - GUARANTEED!

Last edited:

sweetgal

Beach Comber
Jun 13, 2008
Defuniak Springs Florida
is that so.......... Is that why Mr. Griffith had to talk the deputies and EMS into an adress that they were unable to locate. DG wasnt even on scene or responding but he was still able to talk that in from shere memory of just the persons name. Seems to me that a State Trooper knows the citizens better then alot of the deputies. Now Im not saying the deputies do a poor job, but there is room for improvment givin that topic. And Mr. Griffith doesnt bash anyone to include RJ, MA, or anyone else for that matter, he is a more take the reigns and get this thing right type person not a whiney name bashing, blame game type so you hold this as a negative? He doesnt bash people. I liked how Mr. Griffith empisized on a stronger focus on drug enforcment. Burglary is a huge problem, and the best way hands down is some hard core drug enforcment. And when it comes to bringing back professionalism and INTEGRITY there is no better man for the job. I dare you to ask a few people to describe DG in a few words and those two words Profesionalism and Integrity will come out of everyones mouth - GUARANTEED!

Swamp,
By no means do I want start an agrument with this, but you seemed to dance all around what Lovebirds was saying. They never one time questioned or stated anything about DANNY'S intergrity or professionalism, which is what you are constantly defending. I too listened to the debate , and if I were a deputy I would be slightly offended. When Mr. Dees asked each of them what they would change about the admin Danny went straight to stating what he would change about the Deputies and not the admin. How do you think this makes the deputies feel that may listen to this. They have had to lay low, be in fear for so long, and now here a potentinal future boss is basically telling them that he thinks they need to be more professional and need more intergrity. The change needs to start with the "office of the Sheriff" Thats where the PROFESSIONALISM AND INTERGRITY needs to be replaced.

I am sure there are things that need to be changed with the deputies, but that was NOT the question. The deputies as far as I can tell do a great job and know their people. Is there room for improvement? Sure, where isnt there in this world? Mike clearly answered the question and did a great job doing so, and not at the cost of putting anyone down.

As far as Danny knowing where someone lives. I would hope so. He said he has lived here all his life. I am sure too that Mike can do the same thing, and that deputies can do. This doesnt qualify him to be Sheriff.

I truly think that Mike answered ever question just as asked, and he did not dance around them. You are doing the same thing Swamp. This radio debate in my opinion was clearly won by Mike hands down, and only proves more why he should be Sheriff of Walton County. Being a good guy just isnt enough.

crystalclear

Beach Comber
Sep 24, 2008
No that is not what

he ment. DG won hands down. I have not talked to a deputy that thought so also. He did not mean the intergrity and professionalism on the part of the deputy's. He meant the department as a whole. From the top to the bottom. He put no one down. :lolabove:

Swamp,
By no means do I want start an agrument with this, but you seemed to dance all around what Lovebirds was saying. They never one time questioned or stated anything about DANNY'S intergrity or professionalism, which is what you are constantly defending. I too listened to the debate , and if I were a deputy I would be slightly offended. When Mr. Dees asked each of them what they would change about the admin Danny went straight to stating what he would change about the Deputies and not the admin. How do you think this makes the deputies feel that may listen to this. They have had to lay low, be in fear for so long, and now here a potentinal future boss is basically telling them that he thinks they need to be more professional and need more intergrity. The change needs to start with the "office of the Sheriff" Thats where the PROFESSIONALISM AND INTERGRITY needs to be replaced.

I am sure there are things that need to be changed with the deputies, but that was NOT the question. The deputies as far as I can tell do a great job and know their people. Is there room for improvement? Sure, where isnt there in this world? Mike clearly answered the question and did a great job doing so, and not at the cost of putting anyone down.

As far as Danny knowing where someone lives. I would hope so. He said he has lived here all his life. I am sure too that Mike can do the same thing, and that deputies can do. This doesnt qualify him to be Sheriff.

I truly think that Mike answered ever question just as asked, and he did not dance around them. You are doing the same thing Swamp. This radio debate in my opinion was clearly won by Mike hands down, and only proves more why he should be Sheriff of Walton County. Being a good guy just isnt enough.

Last edited: